Jonas Johansson Traded to Colorado for 2021 6th Round Pick

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

If the Sabres get a 5th round pick they should do an episode of Buffalo Sabres Embedded: 'How The Sabres Swindled A 5th Round Pick From The Avs'

Maybe it's a package deal, more then one player each way? The anticipation is growing.

Will admit, the Houser signing sets up some different angles of speculation. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MidwestSabresFan said:

Maybe it's a package deal, more then one player each way? The anticipation is growing.

Will admit, the Houser signing sets up some different angles of speculation. 

In what way?  Seems very straightforward.  Houser is the replacement for Johansson.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

In what way?  Seems very straightforward.  Houser is the replacement for Johansson.

Did JJ get hurt off ice? He wasn't at practice, and trade rumors are purely speculation at this point. Wasn't Granato tight lipped about it?

Is Linus out for the rest of the season?

The rumor about Col being interested in JJ has been circulating for a bit, so it's easy to put that together. 

With the way last year went, what we thought the season would be looking at the roster, I'd say nothing is straight forward as it seems.

2 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I've never seen a trade so public be so drawn out. Normally news drops minutes not hours before it is announced

That's why the speculation about COVID results holding up the deal make sense.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

They drafted him 7 years ago and developed him slowly, working his way up the ranks, SHL, ECHL, AHL, AHL all-star, etc.. developing like a goalie prospect should.... and now he's gone, some other team gets to reap the rewards of all the resources BUF put into his development.   And we keep Carter Hutton.   SMH

I woulda put JJ back in Roch with UPL.   Tokarski backing up Hutton with Ullmark out, and Houser on taxi squad.    

It's not a big loss.  JJ is a career AHLer.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

I've never seen a trade so public be so drawn out. Normally news drops minutes not hours before it is announced

Did the trade speculation and game postponement come out near the same time? 

Could the deal be pending on COVID test coming back negative due to the possible exposure?

This season is going to be in the records for several reasons at this point. 

8 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

It's not a big loss.  JJ is a career AHLer.

I donno.

He may still develop into atleast a steady back up in the NHL.

He's gotten better everywhere he's played so far and nothing has been handed to him yet he keeps overcoming the odds at each stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

• spndnchz changed the title to Jonas Johansson Traded? Details TBA
12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I always thought he moves too slow for the nhl. Has just relied on his size to get this far and that doesn't cut it at this level but I guess Colorado thinks differently. 

Everything I saw from JJ before I stopped watching showed he had the raw skill, but his positioning - for both the initial shot and rebound - are horrendous.  This is something a good (or the right) goalie coach can work with him on to bring him to the next level.  So he isn't a lost cause quite yet and is a good project for the team willing to spend the time with him.

• Brawndo changed the title to Jonas Johansson Traded to Colorado for 6th Round Pick
  • Brawndo changed the title to Jonas Johansson Traded to Colorado for 2021 6th Round Pick
3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

There are actually more than a few players drafted in sixth round who have had solid NHL careers. Mark Stone, Anders Aleena and Linus Ullmark to name a few 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl-draft/en/round/6-round-draft-picks-active-players-all-time-points-leaders.html

Right....could happen....draft picks become players when the scouts do their homework and the organization does the development....

Oh wait.....that might be a problem for the Sabres 😬

Edited by KC Scouts

They got the fax machine working!  Way to go Kevy!

So much suspense for a 6th rounder.  It’s fine, I wasn’t expecting much.  I thought a 4th could be a possibility though.  Guess not.

Bye JJ.  Best o luck.

Edited by Curt

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.