Ralph Krueger gone - Dont expect immediate change

MODO Hockey

Some people, some people.. jesus christ. 

There is actually people that believe that just by fire the coach will make the team start winning again

Why is this ? just becuase you realise that you need to lose weight doesnt make you ripped the day after does it.

Uh Uh Reaction GIF by CA in LA

Ofc we needed to fire Ralph, worst coach i've ever watched in my adult life. 100 %. He has literally destroyed this team from top to bottom with his lame practices and crap system.

But,
This shi_t will take a long time to heal, and they gonna lose alot of more games this season. But there is light in the tunnel, this org somehow need to 
find a coach that can try and push some confidence into these lost souls and then do his best to maintain it until this season is over, then you do some radical changes from top to bottom and start over, once again. For the 11th time in a row....

It is the only way. 

• Like (+1) 6

The problem is, we don’t know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We’ve been down this road too many times. People are mad. I’m over it. I probably won’t watch another game the rest of the season. I haven’t even looked up any details about last nights game. We just want some competence. And maybe win some damn hockey games. I agree it’s not going to happen over night, but give us a sign. The fact that it took that long to fire arguably the worst coach in franchise history is very upsetting 

• Like (+1) 2

• nfreeman changed the title to Ralph Krueger gone - Dont expect immediate change

MODO:  there is an enormous amount of work to be done around here, including completely rebuilding and re-imagining an entire organization on multiple levels!  

It will take years to get it all turned around, assuming they make all the right choices and go about their work in the correct manner! 

For now, we have to hope that Adams isn't completely overwhelmed by his job duties.  He should be overwhelmed.

He doesn't have anywhere near the right amount of experience to weather this storm, especially alone! 

It sounds like they are going to get an assistant GM in here to help him.  That's a really good start, but again, it has to be a GOOD HIRE.

Second, they need to hire the RIGHT HC, not the wrong one.  This group doesn't need an up and coming question mark from the college ranks.  We need a PROVEN NHL HC with experience and a record of WINNING.

Will they get that decision right?  We'll find out.

Lastly, they need to get the upcoming trade deadline RIGHT.  There should be a lot of movement off the team, while retaining the right players as well.  None of the really big names should go just now. 

That's a TON on their plate.  Let's see how it goes.

In the meantime, try to enjoy the games.  It's all about the games.

This is a hockey team after all!

• Like (+1) 2

For the most part, you can't change much midway through the season.  The best we can hope for is that they team plays more precisely and with more awareness soon.  If there is genuine attention to detail, then we should at least see less embarrassing performances.  A very low bar, to be sure.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, Kruppstahl said:

Lastly, they need to get the upcoming trade deadline RIGHT.  There should be a lot of movement off the team, while retaining the right players as well.  None of the really big names should go just now. 

I agree with everything you said except this. The "big names" haven't gotten it done for years and are for the most part under achievers so I think they are the core of the problem. 

On 3/19/2021 at 6:20 PM, Gatorman0519 said:

Next year the Sabres will smash the record of longest playoff drought.  We are undeniably the worst organization in pro sports.

FIFY 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I agree with everything you said except this. The "big names" haven't gotten it done for years and are for the most part under achievers so I think they are the core of the problem. 

Yeah.  I’m open to moving anyone outside Will Borgen who undoubtedly will now get traded.  I don’t like any other players on this roster.  Be gone.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/19/2021 at 8:10 AM, MODO Hockey said:

Some people, some people.. jesus christ. 

There is actually people that believe that just by fire the coach will make the team start winning again

Why is this ? just becuase you realise that you need to lose weight doesnt make you ripped the day after does it.

Uh Uh Reaction GIF by CA in LA

Ofc we needed to fire Ralph, worst coach i've ever watched in my adult life. 100 %. He has literally destroyed this team from top to bottom with his lame practices and crap system.

But,
This shi_t will take a long time to heal, and they gonna lose alot of more games this season. But there is light in the tunnel, this org somehow need to 
find a coach that can try and push some confidence into these lost souls and then do his best to maintain it until this season is over, then you do some radical changes from top to bottom and start over, once again. For the 11th time in a row....

It is the only way. 

By the time this team is “good” again the majority of the players will be gone. That includes the majority of the core players.   A few of them at best will be part of the transition.   

You can’t change the culture without changing the players. They are a big part of the problem.  In fact, think they are the biggest part of the problem.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

By the time this team is “good” again the majority of the players will be gone. That includes the majority of the core players.   A few of them at best will be part of the transition.   

You can’t change the culture without changing the players. They are a big part of the problem.  In fact, think they are the biggest part of the problem.  

Girgenson's will be here for "The Next Core", bank on it 😉

14 hours ago, Pimlach said:

So be it, Ralph has destroyed this team. 2 years ago we were ready for big change and then they hire Ralph the useless to destroy the team so below rock bottom.

Ofc its the players now, Ralph destroyed any confidence there was in this team. And they need a new coach, not someone that has been with them since start that also are broken. Interim coach isnt a good solution, it is a plan c. 

Edited by MODO Hockey

39 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Gonna be interesting to see how Granato turns out... 

Not really.  If the team doesn't get better, he's gone when the new coach gets here.  If the team does get better, he's gone when the new coach gets here (at least as a head coach).

Still people expect immidiate change, i read so many comments on facebook about this and it is utterly insane how stupid people really are. 

This is a group that has zero confidence, a group of players that accept losses because they are doomed what so ever and there lies the challange, the mental challange. A interim coach wont change that ofc, there is no way that is happening. I just hope they for once hit right looking over past 10 seasons, get lucky and find the right coach for these players. 

Look at biggest loser as a comparison, a group of people that has totally lost their faith in them self to make a big change and they need expert help to do so, some cant and some will but as a group they usually succeed with the right equipment. Same sh1t with this group of players, they need expert help.

It is so so sad that we most likely will lose Jack, with the right coaching staff i still believe he would be the perfect fit for this team. But he obviously dont believe anymore, who does? not a single soul. 

It's been 10 seasons without playoff, this team need a miracle coach, for me that would be Rickard Gronborg

8LQjnACg_400x400.jpg

This man is one of few that could possibly turn this mess around. To bad Pegulas didnt go with him instead of this tripple moron Ralph.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.