GDT: 3/18/2021: Boston at Buffalo 7pm MSG-B/ESPN+ WGR A NEW ERA

Doohickie

Someone needs to get in Dahlin's face and tell him not to be such a dandy. If he tried half as hard to make a play as he does trying to look pretty while making it, he would be a Norris candidate right now. He is WAY too skilled to be playing the way he is.

Defense in hockey is body on body. Period.

Staal has really good hands. His legs and brain are shot. In other words, he's terrible. 

I'm intrigued by the concept of Tage. It may end up being more than a concept.

Did I mention that defense is body on body? Attack the guy with the puck and be on the guys without it. I don't give a flying ***** about "lanes" when in the defensive zone.

I know Reinhart shot the puck over the net, but I really don't think the goal was there.

This sucks.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

I liked Granato's post game presser, sounds like he has a plan, and is chomping at the bit to get after it and start to fix this mess at practice.   

He was spot on about puck management and playing with pace.   I expect practices will be much more demanding and up tempo.   Might take a few weeks with the sparse practice schedule, but I expect to see an improvement.

• Like (+1) 5

Even noticed it especially in the first period, by the end of the second guys looked gassed, but I liked the effort... bout time. 

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I liked Granato's post game presser, sounds like he has a plan, and is chomping at the bit to get after it and start to fix this mess at practice.   

He was spot on about puck management and playing with pace.   I expect practices will be much more demanding and up tempo.   Might take a few weeks with the sparse practice schedule, but I expect to see an improvement.

the sooner they trade Hall who was a complete giveaway-machine out there and move Skinner back on the "top" line (not sure we have a "top line these days without Jack) the better. Sportsnet reports that a host of teams would like Hall and that our return may be quite good. Kerfoot and a pick from TO sounds okay. I would rather see anybody but Skinner on our "4th line" as paying a guy $9mil to play there is absurd. Anyways we need Torts to straighten this bunch out...

Edited by Sabre fan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Yes the bad habits developed in the last year 1 1/2 yrs will take some time to de-program.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

Someone needs to get in Dahlin's face and tell him not to be such a dandy. If he tried half as hard to make a play as he does trying to look pretty while making it, he would be a Norris candidate right now. He is WAY too skilled to be playing the way he is.

Defense in hockey is body on body. Period.

Staal has really good hands. His legs and brain are shot. In other words, he's terrible. 

I'm intrigued by the concept of Tage. It may end up being more than a concept.

Did I mention that defense is body on body? Attack the guy with the puck and be on the guys without it. I don't give a flying ***** about "lanes" when in the defensive zone.

I know Reinhart shot the puck over the net, but I really don't think the goal was there.

This sucks.

Oh it was there for Reinhardt... replay show a whole open side... problem was puck was on edge not flat and he didn't need to swing his stick so high on follow thru, but hard to judge when puck comes off wobbly.

33 minutes ago, nucci said:

ok, so besides bad goaltending, worse offense and our defense....

Also bad. Unfortunately. On paper this team doesn't look as bad as they play but I'm beginning to think this team needs a makeover. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I have two arms, but fingers none. I have two feet, but cannot run. I carry well but I have found I carry best with my feet off the ground. What am I? 

Appreciate the riddle.  Love a brain test.

Is there a spoiler tag on here? I thought there was but cannot find it. I'll refrain from answering so others can ponder it.  But again, thank you. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

The reason they all adore RK seems to stem from his soft as butter approach to practice. Funny how these other guys i.e. granato, smith etc didn’t voice their opinions about his out of the box stupidity while he was coach. Or maybe they did ? Who knows. RK appears to be a moron when it comes to basic hockey fundamentals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.