Who are the Asst GM Candidates?

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Lost the blonde one today. Just over 10 yes old, Max was his name. Real close with the daughters. No known reason, blood testing shows nothing, had seizures around 1pm, gone by 2:30pm. Raced to the animal hospital but it was meant to be i guess. Sad day.

Over the rainbow bridge  😞

dogs GIF

• Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Over the rainbow bridge  😞

dogs GIF

Retirement day is very sad for we two-legged people.  I always try to remember all the other days with them.  When I get depressed about them, I always remember this translation from morning prayers:

"Kings and emperors who own properties, wealth, oeceans, and mountains are less than even an ant, who in its mind never forgets God."
--- JapJi Sahib, verse 23, lines 3 and 4.

It makes me remember that I have been blessed with their presence and that I need to take the lessons my four legged child taught me to become a better person.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Yea, I've lost a few. The red golden in the photo I posted, thats Colorado, a gift, from my mom and dad, they have his mother. It will be a bad day for me when his time comes, he's been my wing man since he was born, he'll be 10 at the end of April.

Wow that does bring it close to home. I've been blessed with three Goldens over the years. First one I bred. Her grand parents were champions. Sungold Lad was pictured in the Complete Golden Retriever. My others were just as dear for sure. My last was Carrie. She also went premature with what I believe were slight strokes. We had to put her down at only seven. Remember the good times and the companionship you enjoyed with Colorado.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Love dogs.

Currently have a Golden Doodle and a Sheepadoodle.

We switched from Labs because of the shedding, but Labs were awesome.

Thats what Max was, a golden doodle, only, with straight hair. My wife's business partner has his sister, hair as curly as all get up.

Interestingly, my golden, Colorado, we hot up this morning and he went over and sniffed Max's bowl, then howled at me. I drew more tears as I knew he finally realizes Max is gone. They met when they were 5, have been peas & carrots since.

When we got together, the wife had a black lab, and Max. I had Colorado. Buddy passed this past July. Now Max. Colorado is all alone now, and you can tell he knows Max is gone. More tears in my eyes this morning as I consoled him before I had to go to work. It's just emotionally tough, ya know.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.