Confidence

Figster

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

Id give Skinner a big thumbs down too, for a few reasons.  He also has never been part of a winning team.  He doesn’t play a complete 200 ft game, so he can’t lead by example in all areas.  He is personally struggling mightily as a player right now, he doesn’t need any extra pressure.

Or perhaps he does?

Some people flourish under pressure...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Figster said:

Or perhaps he does?

Some people flourish under pressure...

I remember messing an exit early in a game with a new coach as a young player and getting sat.

I'm sure the message he was trying to send to me or the team was "we can't be making those mistakes." The message I received was "I don't trust you" and it messed up my confidence far more than it should have. I was used to responsibility and my self-image was that I was responsible. I learned that personally, I responded a lot better to being given responsibility than having it taken away.

I apply that to Jeff Skinner and Ralph Krueger.

I've always thought that not playing with Eichel was far less damaging to Jeff than not playing in overtime, or when the goalie is pulled, or any other time that calls for offence. It's not really about ice time and linemates. Jeff defines himself as an elite goal scorer. In an effort to expand his game, Ralph stopped treating him like one and it had the result of him questioning the identity he built for himself.

We had a glimpse of the feisty Jeff Skinner the last game. I'd almost forgotten what that looked like.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I remember messing an exit early in a game with a new coach as a young player and getting sat.

I'm sure the message he was trying to send to me or the team was "we can't be making those mistakes." The message I received was "I don't trust you" and it messed up my confidence far more than it should have. I was used to responsibility and my self-image was that I was responsible. I learned that personally, I responded a lot better to being given responsibility than having it taken away.

I've always thought that not playing with Eichel was far less damaging to Jeff than not playing in overtime, or when the goalie is pulled, or any other time that calls for offence. It's not really about ice time and linemates. Jeff defines himself as an elite goal scorer. In an effort to expand his game, Ralph stopped treating him like one and it had the result of him questioning the identity he built for himself.

We had a glimpse of the feisty Jeff Skinner the last game. I'd almost forgotten what that looked like.

There's a video on YouTube containing every goal from the 10 game streak. Almost all players involved are still sabres and still have their peak physical fitness and skills. Yet we haven't seen them look remotely like they do in those clips since very early in the 2019 season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

There's a video on YouTube containing every goal from the 10 game streak. Almost all players involved are still sabres and still have their peak physical fitness and skills. Yet we haven't seen them look remotely like they do in those clips since very early in the 2019 season.

One could say responsibilty and confidence go hand in hand.

Thanks fellas , for some great posting

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.