Kevyn Adams: Krueger Fired Presser, 11:30am 3/17/2021

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe there was little friction because Adams had to defer to Krueger? The latest rumor is that Pegula has "given Adams the keys" now and he was operating before by getting Krueger the guys he wanted 

I read that a little bit differently.

I took it as the Pegulas signing off on the plan Kevyn presented them, starting with firing Ralph, but also how he would like to generally reshape the roster and the front office over the coming months.

As opposed to them bashing heads with Botterill’s plan that didn’t include a front office flush, and firing Murray after he had no plan at all to deal with the concerns they had at the end of 2017.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I read that a little bit differently.

I took it as the Pegulas signing off on the plan Kevyn presented them, starting with firing Ralph, but also how he would like to generally reshape the roster and the front office over the coming months.

As opposed to them bashing heads with Botterill’s plan that didn’t include a front office flush, and firing Murray after he had no plan at all to deal with the concerns they had at the end of 2017.

I agree. Was just proposing it as a discussion point 

To finish my earlier point: Just because Ralph had influence in what happened last fall, doesn’t mean there was friction, it just means that he had influence, just like Steve Smith had influence on Ralph’s decisions.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Just because Ralph had influence in what happened last fall, doesn’t mean there was friction, it just means that he had influence, just like Steve Smith had influence on Ralph’s decisions.

I said "little" friction 

As in, he had no pressure to argue for final say b/c Ralph had it. Just theorizing 

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

That tweet sounded to me more like, OK it's your turn, we won't meddle this time.

Well, it sounded to me more like with RK out of the picture, KA is the sole captain of the ship -- "last season was more running down players RK liked."

It is odd that they loved RK a lot but ended up getting him fired for their inept play. 
Ive spoken in person to a current Sabre and it was the same thing, love RK.

So this team really needs gutting because there is just too much residual effects from the tank. 

Gerard Gallant better be interviewed for the gig. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

It is odd that they loved RK a lot but ended up getting him fired for their inept play. 

So this team really needs gutting because there is just too much residual effects from the tank. 

Gerard Gallant better be interviewed for the gig. 

And a lot of the time ... the fans don’t know everyone who gets interviewed. So I’m sure we’ll see a bunch of hand wringing over assumptions of who was or wasn’t interviewed. 😂

30 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Odds the current sabre you spoke to was Jeff Skinner: -640

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Kevin Adams: applauded when telling people there needs to be a sense of pride when you wear the Sabres jersey.

Ryan Miller: mocked when trying to get players to not walk on the logo in the locker room.

Sometimes you just don’t know how good you have it, eh?

I don’t think anyone mentioned Dan Girardi.   Adams brought him up several times.

Smith being gone is to me another big benefit with the change.  I suspect Granato will hold them together to ride out the season.   I’m betting Adams wants Girardi to work closely with  Dahlin.  Girardi was not even drafted and had an excellent career, now coaching a #1 overall pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm honestly slightly curious if Steve Smith was the actual problem here and not Krueger in the strategic sense. Krueger was friends with the guy so he could of been blind to his problems. It just seems odd to me that most of the players seemed to like Krueger right to the end yet simultaneously hated the system. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm honestly slightly curious if Steve Smith was the actual problem here and not Krueger in the strategic sense. Krueger was friends with the guy so he could of been blind to his problems. It just seems odd to me that most of the players seemed to like Krueger right to the end yet simultaneously hated the system. 

That's what puzzles me as well. Perhaps they agreed to keep their gripes "in the locker room", and understood that publicly bad-mouthing the coach is generally a poor career move. That being said, the truth has an uncanny way of coming out eventually.

14 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

6 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

That's what puzzles me as well. Perhaps they agreed to keep their gripes "in the locker room", and understood that publicly bad-mouthing the coach is generally a poor career move. That being said, the truth has an uncanny way of coming out eventually.

I think Krueger is a generally engaging and interesting person who seems to care about others.  I bet he has great stories.  Also, it doesn’t sound like he worked then too hard in practice.  I’m not surprised that they liked him.

The only problem is that it seems he isn’t a good coach.

• Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, Radar said:

What I see is a bunch of individuals who haven't melded into a team. It's a team sport. It's not just individual talent. I think this may be what you describe as an identity and if that's the case we're on the same page. We have some individual talents at fairly high level but do they play well as a team? It would seem not. This is why a coach and GM need to work as a team as well.

This is definitely true. We've played like individuals over team for years now. Different coaches too. This is why I think we need a full rebuild. I'm not sure a number of these talented players are willing or capable of being team players. 

4 hours ago, Curt said:

This is what Adams wants the Buffalo Sabres to be.  Not sure if it’s what you are looking for.

F2EDC1FD-6E72-42EC-81FF-0FB79E084C43.jpeg

So that's a mission statement? I see no evidence of it being followed or adhered to. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.