Kevyn Adams: Krueger Fired Presser, 11:30am 3/17/2021

LGR4GM

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Interesting that Harrington lobbed a flaming bag of turd at KA - saying the players quit on Krueger and were an embarrassment - and Adams essentially agreed that that's what had happened.

They did quit on RaKru and they are an embarrassment.

27 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

All I want to know is whether Adams is going be making the new hire, and, if so, will he get to do it unfettered.

We might hear something re: the first part.

Terrible news. Re: the first, Adams is clearly making this hire. So, no new GM and almost certainly no POHO. Maybe there's still a glimmer of hope the Pegulas will change their stripes. And maybe someone is brought in to oversee things... but that person would have to be comfortable inheriting a GM and coach.

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Adam Begnini, I like you, but not every question needs to be the Gettysburg Address.

No scores and 10 years ago...

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Brawndo said:

FUTA FUTA FUTA 

Is that a person?

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Terrible news. Re: the first, Adams is clearly making this hire. So, no new GM and almost certainly no POHO. Maybe there's still a glimmer of hope the Pegulas will change their stripes. And maybe someone is brought in to oversee things... but that person would have to be comfortable inheriting a GM and coach.

No scores and 10 years ago...

No one is being brought in to oversee things. At best you might get a special assistant to the GM. 

Q (John Wawrow): "What contributed to this decision knowing that you were essentially handcuffed in terms of what you can do with the roster, what you can do with the limited number of coaches that are available to take over on an interim basis, and knowing that you're still in this tough East Division where knowing that winning might be difficult and knowing the injuries that you're dealing with...what gives you a belief that this team can continue growing, I guess, under an interim coach and have different results than what's been behind it?"

A (Kevyn Adams):"We have to be better in every single are of this organization...it starts with me. Let'.s..let's...I need to manage better, okay? I need to be better in every way. We need to coach better, we need to scout better, we need to develop players better. We need to practice better. I mean, you name it...we need to do it better. Period. And, I said it a couple of weeks ago...it's unacceptable, um, in every area and, so why did we do it? Well, we're doing it because we feel that we have to start to improve and, of course, results matter. This is a results business and, where we are is unacceptable...it speaks for itself. But it's deeper than that. And to change the culture and to do what we need to do to get this headed in the right direction, I felt this was the move we had to make regardless of all those things that you mentioned. Because that's all real, everybody knows that. You know, but that's...I don't know if that answers it perfectly, John, but that's what's in my head right now."

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing particularly revealing or compelling, not that we should have expected any different.

We are currently in the most uncomfortable limbo in franchise history, save for the Rigas stuff. It will probably be a few months before the direction of the franchise is even clear, much less whether or not we can be confident it's the right direction. Who will the coach be? What will our front office staff look like? What are we doing with Jack? Will we be putting a legitimate NHL roster on the ice this fall? We are months from answers to questions that will only start to give us an idea of whether or not we are on a real foundation again. 

Very disconcerting time 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.