The 21-22 HC of the Sabres will be?

LabattBlue

21-22 Sabres HC  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be

A couple things from Expected Buffalo’s most recent podcast.  (1) Chad D has heard that the hiring of Jason Karmanos is almost certainly a question of when, not if.  (2) The Sabres have contacted Bruce Boudreau.  Chad was careful to stress that he knows nothing beyond that (when? why?) just that they have contacted him semi-recently.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

A couple things from Expected Buffalo’s most recent podcast.  (1) Chad D has heard that the hiring of Jason Karmanos is almost certainly a question of when, not if.  (2) The Sabres have contacted Bruce Boudreau.  Chad was careful to stress that he knows nothing beyond that (when? why?) just that they have contacted him semi-recently.

This has me like:

Yes, I’m trying to drop this in the every thread possible. Ball slapping for everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Curt said:

They mentioned that Karmanos was responsible for building the Carolina and Pittsburgh Analytics Departments. That will be great if he can do the same here

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They mentioned that Karmanos was responsible for building the Carolina and Pittsburgh Analytics Departments. That will be great if he can do the same here

I agree.  It’s a little reassuring, because that was one of the main things that Adams discussed when he was hired.  Incorporating analytics into their pro/amateur scouting.  It would be nice to see action taken on that front.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I will continue to believe Adams might have the right idea if we start seeing that come into fruition. The scary part is if Adams can’t get enough autonomy to fix the team seeing as they trust him, then we are pretty much stuck waiting until they sell the team or croak. Which isn’t a great situation.

Id guess the best scenario would be Adams spending the rest of this year acquiring assets for UFAs and hiring some additional critical staff. While setting up an effective analytics department. The team rebounds with the new coach and a team cultural revival of some sort next year and after a few years of righting the ship takes the president role of the team and hires a GM that can take the team to even higher levels. 

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Id guess the best scenario would be Adams spending the rest of this year acquiring assets for UFAs and hiring some additional critical staff. While setting up an effective analytics department. The team rebounds with the new coach and a team cultural revival of some sort next year and after a few years of righting the ship takes the president role of the team and hires a GM that can take the team to even higher levels. 

If Adams succeeds in turning around a decade of futility, I’ll probably be in now hurry to push him out of the GM seat.

52 minutes ago, Curt said:

If Adams succeeds in turning around a decade of futility, I’ll probably be in now hurry to push him out of the GM seat.

I don't he'd be pushed out as much as desiring to move on to more things in the organization. The guy has pretty much done everything in hockey to some degree after all

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

I don't he'd be pushed out as much as desiring to move on to more things in the organization. The guy has pretty much done everything in hockey to some degree after all

Yeah, sure.  If he and Pegulas both want to do that, and if there is a quality internal candidate who deserves it, then it makes sense.

On 3/20/2021 at 12:21 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you kidding?

This is one of the worst posts ever here and there have been some doozies over the years.

Terrible.  Just terrible.

The best overall hockey player to ever come out of Canada was a woman.  If you doubt me look it up.  I'll give you a hint ... Wickenheiser (not Doug).

Lol and any NHLer would destroy her...men and women are different...that's a fact 

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

If Karmanos is all but a done deal, what's the holdup?

What would be the reaction to a Karmanos Boudreau double hire?

I would support it, especially if it includes additional buildout of the FO, e.g. scouts, analytics guys, etc.

15 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I don't know about the whole coaching thing, and his tact isn't great, but he's not wrong in that in a physical sport women and men just aren't comparable. It's not a terrible thing to say guys lol

I'm not sure how much value the bit you highlighted from that poster contributes when it's combined with the ridiculous, sexist "mindset" comment and the bit about women's sports being "boring", as a rule. Particularly when I can say that, in, say, boxing, there are men and men who simply aren't comparable physically, yet still appreciated and financially compensated to the same degree. 

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If Karmanos is all but a done deal, what's the holdup?

What would be the reaction to a Karmanos Boudreau double hire?

Dunno that much about Karmanos but his resume looks reasonably impressive.

I'd be honestly pretty stoked about Boudreau. Feels weird getting hopes up about anything Sabres but I would be haha 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm not sure how much value the bit you highlighted from that poster contributes when it's combined with the ridiculous, sexist "mindset" comment and the bit about women's sports being "boring", as a rule. Particularly when I can say that, in, say, boxing, there are men and men who simply aren't comparable physically, yet still appreciated and financially compensated to the same degree. 

True, and very fair; that part was ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I love to watch the women’s national soccer team more than watching the men play in any league. 🤷🏻

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Dunno that much about Karmanos but his resume looks reasonably impressive.

I'd be honestly pretty stoked about Boudreau. Feels weird getting hopes up about anything Sabres but I would be haha 

He wasn’t well liked by The Carolina Faithful, but that had more to do with the fact they hated Peter Karmanos Jr. and Jason was lumped into it. 

He does get rave reviews for building the analytics departments in Pittsburgh and laying the foundation for the Carolina one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.