The 21-22 HC of the Sabres will be?

LabattBlue

21-22 Sabres HC  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who will it be

17 minutes ago, Curt said:

A couple of guys with a mid day, weekday radio show are the lead voices???

They are in like the what, 0.5 percentile of "ears reached" out of all fans/consumers of the product?

This is ratings/viewship again my man

@dudacek gets good ratings

Peters gets good viewership 

Edited by Thorny

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They are in like the what, 0.5 percentile of "ears reached" out of all fans/consumers of the product?

This is ratings/viewship again my man

@dudacek gets good ratings

Peters gets good viewership 

To be honest I like Peters on the show. Rivet is terrible. Marty best at talking hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I actually typed rivet at first cause I agree, but peters said that line you mentioned, so... lol 

I didn't say he was smart. I said I like him which is a 180 from how I thought of him as a player.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t want this Leaman from Providence or his brother.  You know the scummy Leaman Bros who got in all that financial trouble  15 years ago?  Not sure how he transitioned from the financial world to hockey coaching. 

Maybe he’s looking to bankrupt Terry too.   You know Terry can be so naive.  

On 3/18/2021 at 8:11 PM, IKnowPhysics said:

I look forward to a time when this kind of thinking is dead and buried.

I think the Sabres would benefit from a head coach with NHL experience as a head coach, and if the barriers were already broken such that women had opportunities to be NHL coaches, I would hope they be considered for the current opening.

It's a man's game...Women play but they don't play the same game as men....Not only are men obviously more physically dominant but I believe they also have a different mindset when it comes to playing....No way would I ever want a woman trying to coach the Sabres...They're women and they're softer....I can't even watch women's hockey it's so boring.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LaPerreausek said:

It's a man's game...Women play but they don't play the same game as men....Not only are men obviously more physically dominant but I believe they also have a different mindset when it comes to playing....No way would I ever want a woman trying to coach the Sabres...They're women and they're softer....I can't even watch women's hockey it's so boring.

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LaPerreausek said:

They are softer only because they have a better moisturizer routine than you. Treat your skin right and soon you too can have healthy skin as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LaPerreausek said:

Wow.  I admire your persistence to speak freely.  In todays world you are likely to be labeled, or canceled, for this opinion.  

I never thought I would see the day a woman would head coach an NHL team. In the 60’s and 70’s i did not know any girls that played ice hockey, although one girl played street hockey with us, until the high school years came, then her mother stopped her from playing.  

Today is very different.  The mighty Buffalo Bills have hired women Assistant Coaches. Many more women play ice hockey than football.  It’s an Olympic sport.   It will happen in the NHL someday. 

8 hours ago, LaPerreausek said:

There's simply no room for that kind of thinking in the game.  And the statement declaring that womens hockey is unwatchably boring after having to watch the Buffalo Sabres Fecal Extravaganza is simply stupifying.

Anyways, if anyone else wants to watch good hockey for a change, University of Wisconsin (16-3-1) squares off against Northeastern University (22-1-1) to battle for the NCAA Womens National Championship today at 7:30pm EST.

Miracle hero Mark Johnson coaches the lady Badgers in their attempt to secure their sixth national title against the Northeastern program's first appearance in the Frozen four, backstopped by NCAAW Goalie of the Year and Patty Kazmaier finalist Aerin Frankel who's been nothing short of stellar (0.76GAA, 0.976SV%, 9SOs).

Lots of Olympians and Olympic hopefuls in this one, so hold on to your hats.

Game Preview

ESPN online, 7:30pm EST

I sat here for 15 minutes trying to think of a way to respond to this and all I came up with was...

WOW.

Now I'm going to get Advil because it hurts from shaking my head so much while I was sitting here.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Are you kidding?

This is one of the worst posts ever here and there have been some doozies over the years.

Terrible.  Just terrible.

The best overall hockey player to ever come out of Canada was a woman.  If you doubt me look it up.  I'll give you a hint ... Wickenheiser (not Doug).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you kidding?

This is one of the worst posts ever here and there have been some doozies over the years.

The best overall hockey player to ever come out of Canada was a woman.  If you doubt me look it up.  I'll give you a hint ... Wickenheiser (not Doug).

Men, most my age, have been running things in our country for our existence. Bring on more women!!😂

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 2

On 3/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, Curt said:

I think this needs to be the way.  The Sabres are in no position, psychologically, to make any sort of exception for any player. 

Jeff Skinner ain't going anywhere soon.  I think there could be parallels with the Bill's but don't expect 100% correlation. 

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

You're just a sucker for a French-Canadian accent and piercing blue eyes, amirite?

Dis, eh?

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Jeff Skinner ain't going anywhere soon.  I think there could be parallels with the Bill's but don't expect 100% correlation. 

I didn’t say anything about Skinner, and wasn’t even talking about players needing to follow a strict “system” where every player must play the same way.

It’s about buying into the team concept and working hard.

For example:  It’s ok if Skinner goes extra risky on the forecheck, as long as his line mates can compensate a bit.  If they are all playing their part and working hard, they’ll make it work.  However, it’s not ok to be lazy and not play for each other.  Everyone needs to be in it together.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Are you kidding?

There's no checking in women's hockey and anybody who's ever played knows it's a completely different game without hitting.  I can't watch it either, it's a slower softer sport, like watching rec league.

Why is that a bad take?   It's the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that women play and there's a women's league, good for them, and I've watched some, it just isn't entertaining to me. 

Eventually therr will be women coaches, we're not there yet tho.

16 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

There's no checking in women's hockey and anybody who's ever played knows it's a completely different game without hitting.  I can't watch it either, it's a slower softer sport, like watching rec league.

Why is that a bad take?   It's the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that women play and there's a women's league, good for them, and I've watched some, it just isn't entertaining to me. 

Eventually therr will be women coaches, we're not there yet tho.

It seems that you didn't fully understand the OP and what was terrible about it.  The not finding the women playing enjoyable to watch is not what is terrible.  I give up.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Curt said:

It’s ok if Skinner goes extra risky on the forecheck, as long as his line mates can compensate a bit.

In that case I agree.  Funny you mention the forecheck; I think Skinner is the best one we've got.  He uses his speed to get in on them, his quickness to track down the puck and his excellent stick skills to get it away.  He's more than just a puck hog who wants to shoot all the time.

I think it's time to move him back into the top six.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rob BrindAmour.

I think KA hires Karmanos and they hire Brind’Amour and create a management group that know each other well and can communicate a unified vision.

If this scenario plays out, my confidence in the organization moving forward would skyrocket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.