Don Granato Interim Coach for Sabres/Ellis and Girardi to the Bench. Steve Smith Fired

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Don Granato Interim Coach for Sabres
  • Brawndo changed the title to Don Granato Interim Coach for Sabres/Ellis and Girardi to the Bench. Steve Smith Fired
Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

My biggest question is why wasn’t this done at 4:30 on 3/5?  

KA obviously didn’t have the authority to fire.  This he lied.  Second if he was going to make Granato the interIm, he was already in place.  

What a joke of an organization.

Grab yourself a tropicalia, and drink in the fact he was finally fired. 

I hear you though, it clearly was a lie when he said he could just fire Krueger. As evidence by the fact Adams just got back from Boca and I think the 6-0 loss to Washington where basically the entire league thought the team was a joke really pushed the issue. 

• Like (+1) 2

If I'm granato I'm sending okposo and eakin to the taxi squad and bringing asplund and Smith in and keeping them up the rest of the season. Then after the deadline bring up Brett Murray and whoever else we need and roll with them getting as much game time as possible. Blow it up at the deadline and then with who we have left let them play the game and not get them systemised.  

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I hear you though, it clearly was a lie when he said he could just fire Krueger. As evidence by the fact Adams just got back from Boca and I think the 6-0 loss to Washington where basically the entire league thought the team was a joke really pushed the issue. 

The Sabres are no strangers to firings. It was inevitable. It's the next part that's always been the sticking point 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My biggest question is why wasn’t this done at 4:30 on 3/5?  

KA obviously didn’t have the authority to fire.  This he lied.  Second if he was going to make Granato the interIm, he was already in place.  

What a joke of an organization.

KA could fire Krueger.... he just needed permission. Effectively its word play.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Correct.  The one constant in the Pegulas' ownership of both teams is that they hate being embarrassed - that's usually what motivates them to act.  Doug Whaley press conference, the 6-0 pasting to the Capitals - it's all about whether the Pegulas are laughed at.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I’m more of a fan of their Reclaimed Rye. 

I’m pissed that it took a month for them to act when it was clear back in early Feb that the offensive system wasn’t working.  RK’s petty treatment of Skinner showed his stripes.  I would have fired him a month ago. Actually I wouldn’t have hired him in the first place come to think of it.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.