Friedman’s 31 Thoughts Featuring the Sabres

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

The entire team, top to bottom, is so amazingly bad I just don't see another path. I know starting over isn't appealing, but it might be the fastest path to possible success. There is such an incredible history of losing and losing culture on this team, psychologically damaged players I'd suggest, that it'd be better to let them all move on and start over.

Vegas built a strong foundation from nothing and we could do better if we do it properly. 

Trade the core. Trade Reinhart, Eichel, Risto, maybe even Dahlin. Trade Hall, Staal, Montour and whoever else you can.  This gives you a wealth of picks and prospects plus a few veterans we might have to take in return for cap reasons (pick the tougher harder working types if possible)

Unlike Vegas we already have a prospect pool (albeit a relatively small one) . The goalies, Pekera, Samuelson, Johnson, etc. Plus the youngsters like Cozens.

Hire Gallant.

Fill the roster with mid level FAs . Again, hard workers and team players. 

In the end I think you end up with as much talent as Vegas had, probably a fair bit more and a solid prospect pool to build quickly from. It can work, and in the least, it can free us all from this cycle of abuse. 

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

11 hours ago, Curt said:

In general, having more scouts (more information) is better than having less, but if you don’t properly use the information available to you, it’s not going to matter much.  I think more important than the number of scouts, is having the few people at the top able to correctly interpreted the information that they have.

True, and as the scouting staff stands, they won't even be presented with a satisfactory stable of information. 

They probably intend to continue avoiding the CHL save the top of the draft to "make this work", but to me that's just as bad. 

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

One of the worst drafting teams in the league, heading into a draft without scouts. Lol, Pegula just sell the ***** team. 

No scouts? Good grief I say, they may pick actual hockey players this year.

But who am I kidding... Is Artem Kriukov still available?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.