What are you watching instead of the Sabres?

LGR4GM

So the Sabres suck and are basically unwatchable trash. 

Instead of spending 2.5 hours 3-4 nights a week watching the Sabres, what are you watching instead? 

Personally, I am watching Netflix but really enjoy Washington hockey on the side. 

Also, Fire Krueger. 

Favourite TV episodes.  Also some favourite YouTube subscriptions.  More reading for work.

Experimenting with 4-chord loops with a friend of mine who works with Columbia records to see how far we can subvert normal pop music formulae while writing songs which chart.  I am mining pop rhythms, tempo, harmonies, instrumentation, etc.  So far, he rejected my 12-tone row where the vocals were in 3 while the instruments in were in 2.  My thing about rotating modes has some mojo, however.

• Like (+1) 2

Box scores of the Sabres games on the nhl app. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve laughed out loud when I look at the scores for the first time during the 2nd period. I leave work around 8:00 so I listen to the 2nd period on the way home. By that time it’s 5-2 or 6-0 so the 3rd period means nothing. Is there another team that’s interesting enough to watch? 

Edited by OverPowerYou

I watch 1 or 2 hockey games every day with NHL.TV. My attention varies as I am usually tinkering in my studio. I often put on the French broadcasts. I don't speak French, and amazingly, I get just about as much out of them as if they were English.

I don't have cable, so if the Sabres are blacked out, I go to my friend's house to watch. I've done it for 15 years. Including having to drive an hour when he lived at 33rd and 3rd.

Not tonight, and not many times this year, and he only lives ten minutes away now. I was kinda pissed with the restructuring of the divisions, knowing that almost half the Sabres games would be blacked out. Now I'm grateful.

I just put on another, good hockey game. Never has NHL.TV been so valuable.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I watch 1 or 2 hockey games every day with NHL.TV. My attention varies as I am usually tinkering in my studio. I often put on the French broadcasts. I don't speak French, and amazingly, I get just about as much out of them as if they were English.

I don't have cable, so if the Sabres are blacked out, I go to my friend's house to watch. I've done it for 15 years. Including having to drive an hour when he lived at 33rd and 3rd.

Not tonight, and not many times this year, and he only lives ten minutes away now. I was kinda pissed with the restructuring of the divisions, knowing that almost half the Sabres games would be blacked out. Now I'm grateful.

I just put on another, good hockey game. Never has NHL.TV been so valuable.

Most nights you can find a good game or two, from my experience.  Hockey is still a great sport to watch when it's being played well.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

So the Sabres suck and are basically unwatchable trash. 

Instead of spending 2.5 hours 3-4 nights a week watching the Sabres, what are you watching instead? 

Personally, I am watching Netflix but really enjoy Washington hockey on the side. 

Also, Fire Krueger. 

I am watching paint dry very exciting 

I find it interesting that people who want to talk about the Sabres all day every day do not actually watch the hockey games.

It's *all* about the hockey games.  

Of course the games are terrible, it's been that way for years now.

But are you a fan of the team or not?  If you are, you gotta watch the games! 

You can do so easily for free and if you wait an hour or so after the start, you can knock an entire game off in about 1H 20 M.  No commercials, no pre-game BS, no intermission BS.

Watch the games!

• Thanks (+1) 2

On 3/18/2021 at 2:57 PM, Kruppstahl said:

I find it interesting that people who want to talk about the Sabres all day every day do not actually watch the hockey games.

It's *all* about the hockey games.  

Of course the games are terrible, it's been that way for years now.

But are you a fan of the team or not?  If you are, you gotta watch the games! 

You can do so easily for free and if you wait an hour or so after the start, you can knock an entire game off in about 1H 20 M.  No commercials, no pre-game BS, no intermission BS.

Watch the games!

I listen to the games rather than watch them now.  They sounded better against the Rangers, so the Pittsburgh games will be on TV.  If they keep improving, I will pay attention for more minutes on a stretch.  What I hope is after the TDL, they will be as good as the 1995-6 squad in the last game at the Aud -- flawed, but working hard, with a lot of character trying to improve themselves.  Have a gander at how the team developed from 1995-2001, 2001-7, and 2007-11.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.