What will it take for RK to get fired?

matter2003

6 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

And the worst thing about them being this bad is the still won’t pick first. Doesn’t matter who they pick because they would destroy that player anyway.

Agree, this organisation could turn Gretzky and Lemieux into 12 points a year players....

Forget the coaches for a second, name me a FA player who would willing want to come play for this organization, bet ya can't. That said GMKA job becomes twice, three times as hard knowing he has to attempt to trade for players with hopes they waive their NTC. Good luck GMKA!

TPegs current actions are setting this team back years on top of the already ***** show it was. Unbelievable!

Edited by Ross Rhea
  • Like (+1) 3

I really don't care about this season.  The Sabres are out of it, #1 forward injured, #1 goalie injured, top 4 defenseman injured, pandemic, no fans at the arena, shortened season, etc.  My concern is about the longer-term, future damage this will do to the franchise.  As mentioned above, what FA's are going to want to play for this team?  Any who do will likely need to be grossly overpaid, which eats up cap space and makes it difficult to properly construct a roster.  What credible coach would want the Sabres job?  Will the guys on the current roster be forever scarred by the losing culture?  I don't have the answers and it appears that Sabres management doesn't either.

Firing Kreuger and going with an interim coach would be OK.  Guys know the season is over, but perhaps taking off the shackles of Kreguer's system will allow them to play more freely and try to have fun out there, which may help the mindset.  Alternatively, they could bring in an experienced coach who will bust their ***** and try to establish something to build on for next year.  Either option has got to be better than the status quo.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

Forget the coaches for a second, name me a FA player who would willing want to come play for this organization, bet ya can't. That said GMKA job becomes twice, three times as hard knowing he has to attempt to trade for players with hopes they waive their NTC. Good luck GMKA!

TPegs current actions are setting this team back years on top of the already ***** show it was. Unbelievable!

Taylor Hall. 

I mean seriously people, we ***** do this dumb song and dance every year. 

Further if you have to "build your roster" in free agency, you're doing it wrong... which explains the Sabres since Ville Leino. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ross Rhea said:

Why does he have to trade for players with NTCs? There's tons of players without them. 

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He might get fired (eventually) but nobody's getting hired until the season is over. I am almost sure of that. This franchise is merely fulfilling their obligation to the league this year and will keep their costs at the bare minimum. 

This seems right to me, although I suppose it's possible that they've decided on the Providence coach and are just waiting until Providence's season ends to make the move.

It seems logical to me that TP has decided that the season is a lost cause, Eichel and Ullmark are injured and perhaps gone for the year, there is almost no revenue, and he should just wait until the offseason before starting to spend money on the organization again.

If that's the case, it seems like short-term thinking that will prejudice his ability to attract the kind of people he needs to right the ship, but I guess we'll see.

What a freaking debacle.

• Like (+1) 5

14 hours ago, dudacek said:

I cannot believe what I am watching (or, more accurately, watching less and less).

Ralph's record:

• First 20 games .575 (P%)
  • 21-40 .450
  • 41-60 .500
  • 61-COVID .333

Gets the roster he wants. Tells ownership and Adams "this team is close"

• 1-20 .375
  • 21-now .083

He has no excuses. He got what he wanted. This is his team, with his people, playing his way. He's hit the firing trifecta: his team is significantly underachieving, his team is embarrassingly bad, and his team has lost the paying customer. I am at a loss to remember a coach ever going through something like this and not getting fired. Krueger's legacy is destroyed. He will never coach in North America again. For God sake, put him out of his misery.

The damage this season is doing to the business is enormous, both in terms of selling tickets and attracting talent. Every night it becomes more unwatchable.

It's like Terry wants to destroy Ralph and burn down the Sabres at the same time.

I can't be the only who thinks any money they are saving by keeping Ralph will be devoured by the empty seats next fall?

Nothing short of acquiring McDavid is going to bring people back into the building after another 25 games of this.

I does, proving once again that Terry's business sense matches his hockey acumen.

We call this a Turkey 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.