GDT: Washington at Buffalo, 3/15/21 7pm MSG, WGR

Doohickie

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Skimmed the thread. What I took from it was that some are upset that the NHL followed its procedures to overturn a travesty of a penalty call.

Because Chara/Ovechkin/Buffalo or something.

And all the other usual stuff.

Again, show me one example of it ever happening before.

Only one. That's all I ask, and I'll shut up.

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Double minors and major penalties are 100% reviewable it's a new rule.

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Again, show me one example of it ever happening before.

Only one. That's all I ask, and I'll shut up.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Nothin but crickets.

Just what I thought.

Dude. Do you really think the league felt the need in a virtually decided game to dust off a replay rule in order to... what? Ensure a MFT wins?

The onus is on you. And if it has never happened, so what?

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Dude. Do you really think the league felt the need in a virtually decided game to dust off a replay rule in order to... what? Ensure a MFT wins?

The onus is on you. And if it has never happened, so what?

K

how old is the rule that you seem to already know about?

one example.

its all I need

Living on the West Coast, I used to get the NHL Center Ice but stopped around the time that Briere and Drury left.  At this point, I don’t know why but when they have a freebie week, I record the Sabres games.  Today I found out by accident that there was a Free Preview so I recorded the game.  Pathetic.

I will have the opportunity to watch tomorrow’s game also, and since the opponent is the Devils, the one team the Sabres have been able to beat, I guess I’ll watch it.

For those looking for Ralph to get fired, this seems to be an opportune time.   If they get embarrassed by the Devils, that has to be the last straw, doesn’t it?  Doesn’t it?

• Like (+1) 3

A coaching change is inevitable.  There is no need to rush the inevitable.  There is a need to make a careful, smart pick.  I trust that this move is in the works.  Some roster moves are also needed to shake up the team.

I don’t watch the games.  I listen online from the west coast (outside the WNY bubble).  Some are jumping on the coach while others blame the players.  I sense that this crop of players doesn’t mesh well together despite their individual skills. I can’t tell from listening if the players have quit on the coach.  What is the take from those of you who watch the games?  The Sabres didn’t seem this bad before their covid shutdown. Rebuilds are not supposed to last this long.  I miss winning.

1 hour ago, Spun said:

A coaching change is inevitable.  There is no need to rush the inevitable.  There is a need to make a careful, smart pick.  I trust that this move is in the works.  Some roster moves are also needed to shake up the team.

I don’t watch the games.  I listen online from the west coast (outside the WNY bubble).  Some are jumping on the coach while others blame the players.  I sense that this crop of players doesn’t mesh well together despite their individual skills. I can’t tell from listening if the players have quit on the coach.  What is the take from those of you who watch the games?  The Sabres didn’t seem this bad before their covid shutdown. Rebuilds are not supposed to last this long.  I miss winning.

This org cannot make smart picks with these owners and one pathetic sh1t general manager. It will all be about luck, sooner or later they will eventually hit right and a golden coach will be remembered for ever. But, that could also be 2030.. just saying.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

K

how old is the rule that you seem to already know about?

one example.

its all I need

https://www.knightsonice.com/2019/6/21/18700537/nhl-rule-changes-2019-2020-season-video-review-major-penalties-cody-eakin#:~:text=Referees will also be able to review high-sticking,for the referee to review such a call.

Referees will also be able to review high-sticking penalties and determine if their call on the ice was correct, and if the penalty was caused injury. The official’s reviews on high-stick/double-minor calls will be independently reviewed without the consent of the NHL Situation Room. It’s also not mandatory for the referee to review such a call.

Started in the 2019-20 season, so a little over one normal season's worth of games, in total.  Definitely hasn't been used much - or at least nobody has written about it when it has been - but that doesn't make its use wrong in this case.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ubkev said:

I'm a "hatchet man" for my company. I fire people at the behest of my betters. The blinking, the short throat clear, the repeat, the stutter. I've seen them all approximately 40 times in the last 5 years. Ralph is dead man walking. He knows it. He's ready for it. 

I was very fortunate to have only had to fire a handful in my years of work. I found it to be one of the most emotionally difficult things to do in our small operation. Having said that this coach has failed and you have really no justification for his remaining other than money. That is what I believe is the reason for his still  being on the job. For those saying how about our players. As the saying goes you can't fire the players. You trade them.

• SDS unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

All the way from Cashman to O'Reilly to Milbury to Jonathan to Shoebottom to Chara...and everyone in between.  F*** all of them.  I feel better now.😂

The only Bruin who gets a pass is Bobby Orr.

Orr was the greatest player of all time, IMO.  It's a shame he spent most of it as a Bruin.  They ruined him.  He would have been even better in Montreal, NY, Chicago the whole time, or even The Great Satan.

Orr gets no pass from me ... DASTARDLY!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.