• McCabe (UFA)
    • Montour (UFA)
    • Ullmark (UFA)
    • Rieder (UFA)
    • Sheahan (UFA)
    • Girgensons

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Bjork had good game last night, but lets not try and turn this into a Miro Satan-type steal quite yet.

He's fast, works hard and seems to be responsible. His hands might be lacking.

Girgensons?

I was thinking the same thing 😂

I think he will have a higher offense output than Girgs. Not huge, but higher. At least I hope so...

14 hours ago, dudacek said:

Bjork had good game last night, but lets not try and turn this into a Miro Satan-type steal quite yet.

He's fast, works hard and seems to be responsible. His hands might be lacking.

Girgensons?

I can already tell his offensive awareness is better than Girgs 

14 hours ago, Thorny said:

I can already tell his offensive awareness is better than Girgs 

Larsson and Girgensons had better offencive awareness until XHCDDB benched and berated it out of them.

Some names around the league I’m keeping an eye on after hearing their names out there:

- RW Conor Garland (25) from Arizona

- C Tyson Jost (23) from Colorado

- D Dougie Hamilton (27) from Carolina

- C Logan Couture (32) from San Jose

- C Sean Monaghan (26) from Calgary

- D Brett Pesce (26) from Carolina

I honestly think we should try to take advantage of the expansion draft and find teams that try to move a few guys early to avoid losing anyone noteworthy. Then you either make a deal with Seattle to take a specific player or you accept that you’ll lose one guy and move on. This has to be a transformative offseason, though. You’re either trading Eichel or you’re doing a major revamp of the roster to avoid being in a bad position with him next offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Some names around the league I’m keeping an eye on after hearing their names out there:

I honestly think we should try to take advantage of the expansion draft and find teams that try to move a few guys early to avoid losing anyone noteworthy. Then you either make a deal with Seattle to take a specific player or you accept that you’ll lose one guy and move on. This has to be a transformative offseason, though. You’re either trading Eichel or you’re doing a major revamp of the roster to avoid being in a bad position with him next offseason.

Dougie is a UFA I believe.  So just a matter of overpaying for the big Free Agent.  If you move on from Risto and Miller you can afford him.  

22 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Dougie is a UFA I believe.  So just a matter of overpaying for the big Free Agent.  If you move on from Risto and Miller you can afford him.  

Yea he’s one of a few FAs I’d have interest but I am generally out on big free agents. I do think he’s one that will serve out at least five years of a contract at a high level, though.

I’d sign Antti Raanta as a stop-gap if we can’t re-sign Ullmark.

RNH is a UFA which I actually thought he had another year but I’ve long been a fan of his. Landeskog is an obvious yes but he’s got such a good situation in Colorado. Jaden Schwartz yes please. Philip Danault is probably beyond that “maybe he breaks out” point but I’d have some interest if the roster gets shaken up and we need a middle sizer cheap.

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

Jost. Maybe a Mittelstadt-like arc can be found for him here, too

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Jost. Maybe a Mittelstadt-like arc can be found for him here, too

I love the buy-low on a young guy like that. Shouldn’t cost you anything of consequence in the immediate term and there’s still potential there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I love the buy-low on a young guy like that. Shouldn’t cost you anything of consequence in the immediate term and there’s still potential there.

It's like a later round pick in that there's a good chance it doesn't work out at all, (and like you said you don't pay much to get it) but if it does, it'll probably happen on a quicker timeline since he's 23 and doesn't need the physical seasoning, and in that scenario he may have a higher ceiling due to past pedigree. 

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

/snip

Philip Danault is probably beyond that “maybe he breaks out” point but I’d have some interest if the roster gets shaken up and we need a middle sizer cheap.

Danault has deceptive stats because Montreal doesn't use him on the power play. He's very good.

• Like (+1) 1

Ill take a shot at this.

I'd like to see them add one of Barklay Goodrow or Blake Coleman to the forward mix next year as well as a guy like Brett Ritchie for toughness and size. 

Adding two of the above would give them forward lines like this:

Skinner Eichel Reino

Asplund Mitts TT

Bjork Cozens Coleman

Girgs R2 Ritchie 

Eakin,KO 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Man, I am really shocked the number of posts just punting on the idea of this franchise being even slightly relevant.

Still aiming for at least one top 6 wing, a good depth centre, a couple goalies, and perhaps an add on D though I haven't thought about the D yet much

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Ill take a shot at this.

I'd like to see them add one of Barklay Goodrow or Blake Coleman to the forward mix next year as well as a guy like Brett Ritchie for toughness and size. 

Adding two of the above would give them forward lines like this:

Skinner Eichel Reino

Asplund Mitts TT

Bjork Cozens Coleman

Girgs R2 Ritchie 

Eakin,KO 

I’m definitely on board with the theory, if not the exact players. While I think the need for “tough” guys is overrated, I think you need some “jam” in your line up.

1 minute ago, tom webster said:

I’m definitely on board with the theory, if not the exact players. While I think the need for “tough” guys is overrated, I think you need some “jam” in your line up.

Yep. There's little doubt how much Asplund's presence helps/complements Mittelstadt, and we've never really seen Eichel with a guy who can do that with some skill. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yep. There's little doubt how much Asplund's presence helps/complements Mittelstadt, and we've never really seen Eichel with a guy who can do that with some skill. 

I'd love to have a Tkachuk on Jacks wing

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.