Fire Kevyn Adams

GASabresIUFAN

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

How could he have done a great job bringing in two players who absolutely stunk up the joint, especially when those moves represented the key moves of his offseason? 

Is the requirement of a GM simply to create a roster that looks good on paper, results be damned? 

Botterill was crucified for not bringing in a 2C, yet Johansson was a significantly better player here when he played 2C than Staal. 

So Adams did a “great” job because he scored brownie points for bringing in a player who looked good in theory? 

If that’s how our GMs are evaluated, what a Cake job it is. 

Golf clap for Adams by making the roster better by ridding it of his two biggest offseason additions 

*head desk*

Realizing that you're providing a backhanded compliment to Adams there & also that it is deserved.

But there is something positive to be said for a guy that can after swinging big and missing admit that it was a miss and get something back out of it rather than stubbornly clinging to "his guys" regardless of how poor a fit they turned out to be.

Would much rather he be the guy that swings big and hits it out of the park, but at least this is something that on the surface is a positive. Will be interesting to see over the next 2 years (& let's face it, he's not going anywhere for at least that long even if he's the worst GM in hockey (or the best or, more likely, in between)) whether that holds true for moves that are simply not working or if it only happens with the spectacular failures.  

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 months later...

If the return for Reinhart is Levi, a mediocre prospect and a conditional first he should be fired immediately.  He gave me hope with the Risto trade, but there must have been a bidding war between Philly and Montreal.  Here left to his own devices he crapped the bed again.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If the return for Reinhart is Levi, a mediocre prospect and a conditional first he should be fired immediately.  He gave me hope with the Risto trade, but there must have been a bidding war between Philly and Montreal.  Here left to his own devices he crapped the bed again.

Calm down. The return hasn't even been confirmed yet. 

30 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm 100% with you, dude. Any return package not involving Lundell is a complete FAIL.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think there was a bidding war and there may have been many teams involved. The D men trades seemed to follow one after another.

Contrary to popular opinion I think Philly got what they wanted and was willing to pay extra to get it. They had the scoring forwards but their D sucked really really bad and that exposed Hart too. Now adding Ellis and Risto, with Provorov their D is pretty respectable. They just might compete next year. 

But it was a good trade for us all the same. 

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

BPA? Getting centers back in eichel deal?

I don't really think they are going "BPA" at least not in the traditional sense - in that it would be a bit of a coincidence that the "best" guy when looking for forwards just happened to be a similar type of forward, and winger, every time. It's possible they've determined that that type of player is the "best", (which you'd have to question) but more likely they are after something specific here, they definitely seem to be targeting wingers. That's my opinion anyway. 

I think it has to be the bold. I don't see another way it makes sense, imo

Just now, Thorny said:

I don't really think they are going "BPA" at least not in the traditional sense - in that it would be a bit of a coincidence that the "best" guy when looking for forwards just happened to be a similar type of forward, and winger, every time. It's possible they've determined that that type of player is the "best", (which you'd have to question) but more likely they are after something specific here, they definitely seem to be targeting wingers. That's my opinion anyway. 

I think it has to be the bold. I don't see another way it makes sense, imo

Im think you’re on the right track here.

I tend to tune Adams’ blathering out after a while, but he has frequently referenced what kind of player best represents a Sabre. I’m going to guess that they’ve tried to quantify the quantifiable elements of that in some analytical fashion and have been been picking BPA based on a mix of the less tangible “mindset” criteria and the resulting data.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Im think you’re on the right track here.

I tend to tune Adams’ blathering out after a while, but he has frequently referenced what kind of player best represents a Sabre. I’m going to guess that they’ve tried to quantify the quantifiable elements of that in some analytical fashion and have been been picking BPA based on a mix of the less tangible “mindset” criteria and the resulting data.

They definitely aren't hedging their bets, which I do love in a strategy. Can I love the operational mechanics of a strategy and very much dislike the strategy itself? I feel like that's where I am at. I like the committal to something, I really do. 

- - - 

They are certainly adhering to the "pay no attention to position" factor of "BPA", which everyone's mileage will vary on. The system at C is barren to the point of pushing the limits of the logic of that strategy, IMO

12 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

stripes lighten GIF

42 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can someone explain why you’d draft 5 wingers with 6 first and second rd picks over the last two drafts and no centers when your about to trade your two best centers. 

Fire Kevyn Adams now.

Why draft a center if you don't ever see them playing in the NHL. I say stick to your draft board. 

2 hours ago, Drag0nDan said:

Why draft a center if you don't ever see them playing in the NHL. I say stick to your draft board. 

So Adams doesn't believe that any centers taken in the first three rounds of the last two drafts will make it to the NHL?  That doesn't seem right.

The lack of center prospects in the pipeline will hurt this team in the near future.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jad1 said:

So Adams doesn't believe that any centers taken in the first three rounds of the last two drafts will make it to the NHL?  That doesn't seem right.

The lack of center prospects in the pipeline will hurt this team in the near future.

Has to be the Eichel trade or keep Eichel 

Just now, Eleven said:

He's going to have to get some C help in free agency, too.

It's not going to help in the time frame he's gunning for though. I think they need vet help too to insulate the younger Cs, but they need something for C prospects in all of this, too. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I got bad news

With Sam and Jack gone, Mitts is probably our number one center. 

not exact but…

Tage Mitts Skinner

R2 Cozens Asplund

Oloffson Jack-Trade?  FA 

Okposo Girgs Reider??

None of the other kids are ready to come up 

We need to resign McCabe and a FA desperately for D

and resign Ullmark and FA???  (None of the kid goalies are ready)

SCARY!

Edited by Gatorman0519

Not many will pay to watch that. 

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

With Sam and Jack gone, Mitts is probably our number one center. 

not exact but…

Tage Mitts Skinner

R2 Cozens Asplund

Oloffson Jack-Trade?  FA 

Okposo Girgs Reider??

None of the other kids are ready to come up 

We need to resign McCabe and a FA desperately for D

and resign Ullmark and FA???  (None of the kid goalies are ready)

SCARY!

I mean not many will pay to watch this. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.