Fire Kevyn Adams

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

We talked about this before and I, like you and maybe a handful of others here, think that not signing Samson long-term long ago was a big mistake.  Maybe the biggest on that very long list.

Quoting myself ...

Why is Samson being discussed in a Fire KA thread?  Surely we are not blamimg KA for the disasterous handling of Samson, eh?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I don't type Engish very goodly, just like how I talk it ...
  • Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well I'm not impressed by anything he's done.  

Can't think of a single good move. He fired Kreuger, but much too late. Nope, so far he's a total bust as GM. 

Yep, let's review

Hall -Bust, Staal - Bust, Eakin - Bust, Irwin - Bust, Rieder and Sheahan - Meh!  A track record to be proud of. 

It's interesting what's got you guys mad.

I'm not arguing the fact that few of Adams off-season moves have worked out, I just don't think any of them were particularly costly.

Hall cost nothing and gave us a free 2nd-round pick, Staal was trading one lousy vet for a cheaper lousy vet and ended up giving us a 3rd and 5th.

It took him a couple weeks longer than it should have to fire Krueger, but it wasn't his hire and there were extenuating circumstances (partly our COVID bout, but particularly Ralph's connection to ownership and his considerable power initially because of it)

And his path of trading off expiring contracts for what he can is the correct one, no matter if the value of his assets has dwindled due to their poor play.

The things that concern me most with Adams are the two things he has failed to address: goaltending and the front office

He failed to recognize how bad Carter Hutton truly was and take steps to upgrade there, essentially costing us any hope of being competitive if Ullmark went down

He failed to recognize how good  Ullmark truly was and take steps to lock up that asset, essentially walking him to free agency, and without any clear succession plan. He has less than 12 hours left to at least partially address this.

And he failed to have a support staff in place to help him negotiate his first trade deadline: no advisors to help him investigate or negotiate, no assistants to to help him multitask, and a very limited player personnel department to help him identify talent. Will that be addressed prior to the draft and free agency?

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm not arguing the fact that few of Adams off-season moves have worked out, I just don't think any of them were particularly costly.

Hall cost nothing and gave us a free 2nd-round pick, Staal was trading one lousy vet for a cheaper lousy vet and ended up giving us a 3rd and 5th.

It took him a couple weeks longer than it should have to fire Krueger, but it wasn't his hire and there were extenuating circumstances (partly our COVID bout, but particularly Ralph's connection to ownership and his considerable power initially because of it)

And his path of trading off expiring contracts for what he can is the correct one, no matter if the value of his assets has dwindled due to their poor play.

The things that concern me most with Adams are the two things he has failed to address: goaltending and the front office

He failed to recognize how bad Carter Hutton truly was and take steps to upgrade there, essentially costing us any hope of being competitive if Ullmark went down

He failed to recognize how good  Ullmark truly was and take steps to lock up that asset, essentially walking him to free agency, and without any clear succession plan. He has less than 12 hours left to at least partially address this.

And he failed to have a support staff in place to help him negotiate his first trade deadline: no advisors to help him investigate or negotiate, no assistants to to help him multitask, and a very limited player personnel department to help him identify talent. Will that be addressed prior to the draft and free agency?

Those things, and whether the moves he made cost us or not, I guess they didn’t, unless we measure cost in wins this year, and, I fear, going forward if his moves are an accurate representation of his talent evaluation skills.

He’s pretty worrying because almost everything he’s done has been a failure. He doesn’t have a positive trade or signing to his name, correct? It’s way, way too early to fire him straight up (of course I want Rutherford above/assisting) but objectively speaking everyone knows if his results this season were duplicated in two more, he’d be fired. 

He’s on an awful trajectory, but there’s plenty of room for course correction. If he doesn’t correct it this offseason, though, he’s probably in a hole he can’t dig out of. 

Edited by Thorny

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Sure those moves aren't bad as a whole but that's only if you few those acquisitions in the first place as having intentions later to garner those picks. Adams signed Hall and traded for Staal with the intention of them being key pieces to a team that absolutely needed to be competitive this year a they both failed spectacularly. After that he failed to get even a mediocre return for the biggest bargaining piece of them.

So I don't look at that like 'well we basically got a free 2nd round pick that's good GM-ing' I look at that like 'well he failed at the beginning, and then failed at correcting his original mistake. So he sucks at both.'

• Like (+1) 2

clearly KA cannot be trusted to handle the team and I fear that he'll give away Linus now that he (Ullmark) has voiced his intention to try out free agency. We wil have Hutton and whoever as our goal-tending next year? I would have much preferred he not trade Hall at all then do what he did was embarrass the team yet again. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the NHL...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.