GDT:Oh Crap,They Play Again Today. Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 3/13/21 7pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

My dad's parents owned pirates haven marina at the foot of Sheridan on the river, my grandfather was also the youngest partner on the Moyor Island ownership group.. So, yes, I was fortunate.

I was lucky to retire early in life and I'm flying back to Buffalo for a couple/3 weeks around Mother's Day.

I just told my younger brother (bigger Sabres fan than even me) that I want to go to one of the last 2 NYI games.

He said WHY.  I told him to boo RK.  He said, RK will be gone by then.  I said, you sure?

LOL, He said if he isn't he'd look for tickets and we would go!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektorado said:

I was lucky to retire early in life and I'm flying back to Buffalo for a couple/3 weeks around Mother's Day.

I just told my younger brother (bigger Sabres fan than even me) that I want to go to one of the last 2 NYI games.

He said WHY.  I told him to boo RK.  He said, RK will be gone by then.  I said, you sure?

LOL, He said if he isn't he'd look for tickets and we would go!

My family squandered what wealth they obtained by the time I was 14 (1984). My dad was a deep sea diver in the north sea in the 70's. He was traveling selling Electrolux vacuum cleaners in late 84. So, I picked up the torch for myself and carried on., self made. I've followed the team religiously over my life. I cried when Gil retired, but even that moment, my childhood idle, doesn't compare to these past 4 years or so. I'm a born and bread WNY'er its in my DNA. I am beyond disappointed in this franchise under Pegula's stewardship. Just so much pain.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I watched Bryson closely today. Kept waiting for him to make a mistake or get caught out of position. Didn't see anything of the sort. He had several marvelous, high quality NHL level defensive plays to squeeze guys out and get his teammate the puck. He used his legs to get himself out of disadvantageous situations and into advantageous ones. He's a keeper. Seriously impressive, and he's grown so much already in the couple of short weeks he's been around. 

I don't think a single other player made me feel anything today. Hutton was impressive. If he could play the Pens every game, yaddah yaddah 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

On a positive note, Bryson looked great again.

His speed, quickness and mobility really stand out.   He has the skill package to have a nice career.  

Enjoy it now, because once the poison of the team hits him, you won’t see it again until he’s with another team. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

My family squandered what wealth they obtained by the time I was 14 (1984). My dad was a deep sea diver in the north sea in the 70's. He was traveling selling Electrolux vacuum cleaners in late 84. So, I picked up the torch for myself and carried on., self made. I've followed the team religiously over my life. I cried when Gil retired, but even that moment, my childhood idle, doesn't compare to these past 4 years or so. I'm a born and bread WNY'er its in my DNA. I am beyond disappointed in this franchise under Pegula's stewardship. Just so much pain.

Yep.  It's so bad I have to find humor in it.

At least we got the Bills.  I really want to be at the Home Opener in September!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

On a positive note, Bryson looked great again.

His speed, quickness and mobility really stand out.   He has the skill package to have a nice career.  

He will be ruined soon if RK is still here

Edited by Claude Balls

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I watched Bryson closely today. Kept waiting for him to make a mistake or get caught out of position. Didn't see anything of the sort. He had several marvelous, high quality NHL level defensive plays to squeeze guys out and get his teammate the puck. He used his legs to get himself out of disadvantageous situations and into advantageous ones. He's a keeper. Seriously impressive, and he's grown so much already in the couple of short weeks he's been around. 

I don't think a single other player made me feel anything today. Hutton was impressive. If he could play the Pens every game, yaddah yaddah 

Agree

What's concerning, however, is that if it wasn't for injuries he'd likely still be in Roch.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cheektorado said:

Yep.  It's so bad I have to find humor in it.

At least we got the Bills.  I really want to be at the Home Opener in September!

that's  what I do, the humor part. I'm sure you've read a couple of my posts in the threads.

I was once like LG and some of the others. When I was young I kept folders on each player, their stats and so on. I lived in Wheatfield, so I'd  go to Sabreland on NF Blvd and would practice with them. They'd  indulge me for 10-15 minutes before I was kicked out lol. I can remember a time Houslwy was young, I was 12, he did a mock 2 on 1 with me against Suave, they let me score.

I want back what this team gave me as a child, I want happiness. Win or lose, just pour your heart out in to the game.

• Like (+1) 5

Where was that physical response Ralph called for?  I think I missed that.

Hutton made several big stops in the 3rd to keep it at 1-0, and give us a chance to get back in it.

Didn't happen.

Onto the Caps, Devils, and a pair of Bruins games including one with "fans" in the building.

We need to target that Devils game or else it will be 14 losses in a row heading into a Rangers game on March 22.

😂

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

that's  what I do, the humor part. I'm sure you've read a couple of my posts in the threads.

I was once like LG and some of the others. When I was young I kept folders on each player, their stats and so on. I lived in Wheatfield, so I'd  go to Sabreland on NF Blvd and would practice with them. They'd  indulge me for 10-15 minutes before I was kicked out lol. I can remember a time Houslwy was young, I was 12, he did a mock 2 on 1 with me against Suave, they let me score.

I want back what this team gave me as a child, I want happiness. Win or lose, just pour your heart out in to the game.

Me too......

I remember Rick Martin coming to my hockey organizations year end / awards banquet. Signed autographs for anyone and everyone. I was already a Sabres hockey fan for life. Seen it all. Season ticket holder...etc. 

I just can't believe how horrible it has been, a nightmare you can't wake up from....so frustrating  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.