GDT:Oh Crap,They Play Again Today. Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 3/13/21 7pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I say this season is a pointless streak until they get a new, clearly qualified coach.

I'm about to go on a pointless streak outside once they finally win a game

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Thompson wasn't completely invisible.

He is working his ass off the last two games. I wish he finished his checks instead of turning away last second just do it.

Thompson was there, but what I'm really noticing about him is he's big, but he isn't strong. he gets muscled off the puck easily and, dare I say it, seems afraid to go into tougher closer contact areas. He will never be anything playing this way. 

So, a Sabre. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I was 5 yrs old when my parents took me to a game where Lorentz knocked a bat out 9f the air with his stick. I was 3 rows up from the glass, my dad just wanted to see the Cup raised by the Sabres, he's  been gone for 7 years now. I suspect my fate will be the same.

I was in High School and remember 4 of us listening to that game in my buddies car.

Getting tickets for us poor South Cheektowaga boys was next to impossible (but we understood and it didn't bother us)!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Thompson was there, but what I'm really noticing about him is he's big, but he isn't strong. he gets muscled off the puck easily and, dare I say it, seems afraid to go into tougher closer contact areas. He will never be anything playing this way. 

So, a Sabre. 

He's young man strong, not grown yet 

6 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I was in High School and remember 4 of us listening to that game in my buddies car.

Getting tickets for us poor South Cheektowaga boys was next to impossible (but we understood and it didn't bother us)!

My dad's parents owned pirates haven marina at the foot of Sheridan on the river, my grandfather was also the youngest partner on the Motor Island ownership group.. So, yes, I was fortunate.

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

What’s the plan folks?

You just reminded me of a great quote from a mysterious "chess sage" from Alexander Kotov's _Think Like a Grandmaster_:

"The presence of a plan _can_ make you look like a genius.  But the absence of a plan _will_ make you look like an idiot."

The Sabres look like the 2nd half of this saying.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.