GDT:Oh Crap,They Play Again Today. Pittsburgh at Buffalo, 3/13/21 7pm MSG, WGR

Brawndo

No timeout with 1:53 left and a faceoff  with the goalie pulled.  

Ralph is not a coach.  Why not set up a play were we put 55 in front of the next and set  up a screen shot?  

Hutton did great.  Everyone else should be ashamed.  No “physical response” as the coach hinted at.  Nothing.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, pi2000 said:

They're not on a losing streak, they're on a winless streak.

Losses where you get points are still technically losses. They have factually lost 10 straight games. 

They aren't on a 10 game pointless streak, however 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I mean seriously, where is the bar for ownership? Just how low does it have to go before Ralph is gone? 10 losses in a row, really Pegula? Wake the frig up and fire this ass  clown. Enough was enough 10 losses ago.

I asked this exact question on here back after loss 3. I asked would it take 6, 10, 15?? No one really answered up. I was being dead serious back then. I knew this owner wouldn’t make a move no matter how bad it got. I bet we can lose 20 straight and they still won’t make a move. Do the Pegulas honestly not know they are the laughingstock of the NHL? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

I asked this exact question on here back after loss 3. I asked would it take 6, 10, 15?? No one really answered up. I was being dead serious back then. I knew this owner wouldn’t make a move no matter how bad it got. I bet we can lose 20 straight and they still won’t make a move. Do the Pegulas honestly not know they are the laughingstock of the NHL? 

The record is 18, btw. 

I think these Sabres have a shot at beating that. 

“The Pittsburgh Penguins hold the record for the longest losing streak in NHL history at 18 games, which was set in the 2003–04 season; that team finished last in the NHL with a 23–47–8–4 record (58 points).”

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Losses where you get points are still technically losses. They have factually lost 10 straight games. 

Per the NHL, for statistical record keeping, they're technically not on a losing streak.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I say this season is a pointless streak until they get a new, clearly qualified coach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Alex Nylander 2016 8th overall. 

Casey Mittelstadt 2017 8th overall.  

Back to back top 10 busts.

And we wonder why we are where we are.  

Oh and in the middle of those 2 disasters, we trade ROR for Tage Thompson.  

And 2018s first overall generational D Man looks completely lost.

I totally trust our scouts know who to target when we trade Staal Hall and Montour.  

It's going to be a return of a 2nd round and two 4th round picks anyway.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Cheektorado said:

I remember the '70s when I was young and it was fun to be a Sabres fan!

I watched youtube videos during this mess of a game.  Bitter Sweet.

I was 5 yrs old when my parents took me to a game where Lorentz knocked a bat out 9f the air with his stick. I was 3 rows up from the glass, my dad just wanted to see the Cup raised by the Sabres, he's  been gone for 7 years now. I suspect my fate will be the same.

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Per the NHL, for statistical record keeping, they're technically not on a losing streak.

Ah, I didn't see that he had used "record" which you are correct, would concern the league definition of "losing streak"

Regardless, they've lost 10 straight games

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.