Ticket Sales: It's a Bloodbath

LGR4GM

Keep an eye on the covered up seats with sponsorship on them, down close to the glass.

Those ads are going to remain there, even when people are back in the building! 

The fans in attendance will sit around the covered ad seats.

This has been the, "......point is, can't get fooled again" moment for many fans it looks like. Optimism was generally way higher than normal due to the Hall addition, and people got bit. Someone said the straw/camel thing recently and I agree with that. Fans are by and large wait-and-see on the product while Adams and Co are "wait and see" on changes. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This has been the, "......point is, can't get fooled again" moment for many fans it looks like. Optimism was generally way higher than normal due to the Hall addition, and people got bit. Someone said the straw/camel thing recently and I agree with that. Fans are by and large wait-and-see on the product while Adams and Co are "wait and see" on changes. 

I'm sure a huge factor in this is that the border is closed.

There are a lot more Canadians in that building for a garden variety Sabres game than a lot of people think.

It's a huge part of why the franchise is successful over the years.

The Sabres are like the Bills: they have a regional fanbase.

With COVID and the closed border, a huge chunk of our ticket base just got cut out of the mix.

And of course what is left is so frustrated, they aren't interested in jumping through hoops to attend.

I don't blame anyone.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Kruppstahl said:

There are a lot more Canadians in that building for a garden variety Sabres game than a lot of people think.

With COVID and the closed border, a huge chunk of our ticket base just got cut out of the mix.

And of course what is left is so frustrated, they aren't interested in jumping through hoops to attend.

I don't blame anyone.

This is true, and also, most people have less money.  But the primary reason is this coach sux.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

If I were there I'd go just to lose my voice booing this crap in person

I hope a lot of people who do go feel exactly the same way.  

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

Welcome, Bruins fans

No doubt.  

34 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I don't blame anyone.

very true...we drive from 90 miles north of Toronto down but not bothering last few years as the team is really hard to watch! I don't bother even watching them on TV (Sportsnet have them on a lot) anymore. Guess I got spoiled  being a day-one fan and seeing all the great teams we had and great players with so much heart (we really should have won at least one cup for sure). But yes border being shut down will for sure play a factor in fans coming to see them play

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

very true...we drive from 90 miles north of Toronto down but not bothering last few years as the team is really hard to watch! I don't bother even watching them on TV (Sportsnet have them on a lot) anymore. Guess I got spoiled  being a day-one fan and seeing all the great teams we had and great players with so much heart (we really should have won at least one cup for sure). But yes border being shut down will for sure play a factor in fans coming to see them play

Thanks for your perspective.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

Coboconk is an awesome town name.

I just had to say that.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

Coboconk is an awesome town name.

I just had to say that.

yeah it is...Coboconk, founded in 1851, with a current population of 701, is in The City of Kawartha Lakes in south-central Ontario, Canada. There is continuing debate about the derivation of the name Coboconk. Some believe it is derived from the Ojibway term gakaabikaang, meaning “waterfalls” while others claim that it means “where gulls nest”.

13 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

yeah it is...Coboconk, founded in 1851, with a current population of 701, is in The City of Kawartha Lakes in south-central Ontario, Canada. There is continuing debate about the derivation of the name Coboconk. Some believe it is derived from the Ojibway term gakaabikaang, meaning “waterfalls” while others claim that it means “where gulls nest”.

Sounds English for “where almost no one lives“.

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

Sounds English for “where almost no one lives“.

actually that figure of 701 is nowhere close as we have large amounts of city folk up here at their million-dollar cottages on al the lakes around here. My son workl every summer at what is known as Indian Point for many of these folk and their "cottages" are sometimes ten-thousand square feet! Crazy...hate to see their home! With COVID 19 many are here now year-around

If I were a Sabre PR person, I could easily defend the number sold as decent/admirable/perty darned good considering the circumstances. They sold half the available tickets in a very short time, with still over a week to go before the game. A testament to the loyalty of this fanbase. Objectively, it's not a bloodbath. John (and others) are just butthurt about RaKru.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.