Dylan Cozens Returns to Practice 4/10

Brawndo

3 hours ago, Kong said:

Wondering if these two injuries are two concussions in a month for Cozens?

I don't think so -- this one looks like his arm or shoulder.  But that is a legitimate concern.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Kong said:

Wondering if these two injuries are two concussions in a month for Cozens?

I was worried about the same thing, but people who saw the play said it looked like an arm or shoulder thing.  Then Granato said definitively that it wasn’t season ending and that it was a matter of how much pain it was causing Cozens that would determine when he would be back, so I’m not worried that it’s a brain injury now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Dahlin and Joker have been playing so well together lately I didn’t want to break it up but I would like to see Dahlin-Borgen to see what they have for next year.

30 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Dahlin Borgen might work, but I like the idea of a Bryson - Borgen pairing for next season so I'd experiment with it now. 

Dahlin needs a stay at home D partner that is capable of handling odd man rushes and deck anyone that looks at Rasmus too long. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 5

44 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Go Bold

Dahlin-Hamilton 

Samuelsson-Jokiharju 

Bryson-Borgen 

Ooh, very bold, but I see it as big money for a mostly redundant skill set.  Dahlin is running the PP, with Joki and Bryson also capable there.  I want to give Dahlin a steady, responsible partner and turn him loose.  I think Adam Larson or David Savard on a more modest contract would be a better fit.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ooh, very bold, but I see it as big money for a mostly redundant skill set.  Dahlin is running the PP, with Joki and Bryson also capable there.  I want to give Dahlin a steady, responsible partner and turn him loose.  I think Adam Larson or David Savard on a more modest contract would be a better fit.

I agree, they were in on Alex Pietroangelo last summer, I could see them possibly going big game hunting again 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Dahlin needs a stay at home D partner that is capable of handling odd man rushes and deck anyone that looks at Rasmus too long. 

No argument, but so does Bryson as was mentioned above. 

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Go Bold

Dahlin-Hamilton 

Samuelsson-Jokiharju 

Bryson-Borgen 

That could be good, but it's more likely Dahlin-Risto  and that also leaves McCabe as a ? 

38 minutes ago, Curt said:

David Savard would be a good choice assuming we trade Risto. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

No argument, but so does Bryson as was mentioned above. 

That could be good, but it's more likely Dahlin-Risto  and that also leaves McCabe as a ? 

Will McCabe be back next season?

This is a lineup at some undetermined point in the future.  It prominently features 3 guys with about 25 NHL games between them.  McCabe and Risto are assumed to have moved on I think.  

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

This is a lineup at some undetermined point in the future.  It prominently features 3 guys with about 25 NHL games between them.  McCabe and Risto are assumed to have moved on I think.  

That's why I put a ? for him.   I'm not sure what he will get offered to him after the injury. There might be little interest outside Buffalo. 

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

McCabe, Risto and Zemgus are the longest tenured Sabres. 

If you were McCabe and Risto wouldn’t you look to move on 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.