Ralph says Team needs to Physically Respond Against Pittsburgh

Fallsnative01

29 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Olivia was one of a hand full of my cardio discovery pre-teen era. Her, Farrah, Jaclyn Smith and a couple others are directly responsible for my carpel tunnel surgery.

Olivia, Farrah, Valerie Bertinelli and Linda Carter were my kryptonite.

37 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Olivia was one of a hand full of my cardio discovery pre-teen era. Her, Farrah, Jaclyn Smith and a couple others are directly responsible for my carpel tunnel surgery.

6 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Olivia, Farrah, Valerie Bertinelli and Linda Carter were my kryptonite.

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

all YUMMIE!!!!

Ah, to be young again....those were the days.

Super gross.  I don’t want to hear about who you used to ***** to.

I shouldn’t be subjected to this cruel and unusual punishment.  It’s bad enough that I watch Sabres games.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Super gross.  I don’t want to hear about who you used to ***** to.

I shouldn’t be subjected to this cruel and unusual punishment.  It’s bad enough that I watch Sabres games.

Who said anything about *****!

I was merely pointing out my early childhood love for a good workout.

Olivia was a regimen champion, she knew the importance of cardio.

6 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Funny you write this.  If there is any single franchise that embodies the hitless, soft, modern NHL, it's the Pittsburgh Penguins.  They've been that type of franchise for years.

And now they are bullying us.

Same with Tampa last year.  We're punching bags for soft teams doing their Rocky workouts.

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

what we'll actually get

Hanson-band-1024x780.jpg

I’ve never seen this picture of the Dixie Chicks. 

9 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

It's kind of like Rock n Roll.  What band we want the Sabres to be:

image.png.ea7ebebcd07692724357a21ed1dd4f6e.png

What band our Sabres really are:

image.png.371045d75577ee6038d2f756a56111a4.png

I’d like the Sabres to be more Napalm Death  or Wu-Tang, but it’s only Milli Vanilli. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

If the NHL would just call penalties when Sabres players are getting tossed into the boards and getting illegally knee to knee trips, it would help a lot. 

Or.....if the Sabres had just one guy that makes the other team think twice about taking advantage of our star players would also help. Someone like Ryan Reeves or Matt Martin. But this team has been pussified for 10 years and counting. For some reason, they just don't get how important it is to have some nastiness on the team. It's a ***** joke and every team in the league can see it.

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

If the NHL would just call penalties when Sabres players are getting tossed into the boards and getting illegally knee to knee trips, it would help a lot. 

Or Buffalo could just play a style of hockey that's actually tough to play against and makes opponents not want to take liberties. Everyone who has played contact hockey has played soft teams where even the least aggressive player on the team goes out there and throws big hits because they can. They do this because its fun. It's a blast to play against soft teams and take liberties behind the play to rile people up and lay dudes out when they try to make a move across the middle. Not every player gets the chance to play like that, but when the chance comes they seize it. That's what we are seeing. We have nothing. We are a soft team. We are wild flowers in an open field. If we aren't going to win hockey games at least create an identity that says "yeah you might beat us but you won't have fun doing it." This is a team with 9 (?) top ten picks on it. It's full of players who have never had to fight for anything to succeed and now they are in the NHL and can't get by. Nobody is dying from a broken bone. Go break a collarbone on the boards. Go break an orbital with a punch to the eye. Go show something. My god. This team reminds me of the teams I used to get excited about playing. I remember my biggest hits more fondly than my best plays. Show some life. I don't care if it's outdated or dirty or unsportsmanlike. Create an identity other than we are coming to Buffalo and going to take two points. At very least make it "we are coming to Buffalo, we are going to take two points, and I hope nobody misses time after the game." Who knows, maybe next time they come to town you've got a little more space to make something happen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

Or.....if the Sabres had just one guy that makes the other team think twice about taking advantage of our star players would also help. Someone like Ryan Reeves or Matt Martin. But this team has been pussified for 10 years and counting. For some reason, they just don't get how important it is to have some nastiness on the team. It's a ***** joke and every team in the league can see it.

We’ve had nastiness on the team in the last decade. It didn’t make any difference. McCormick. John Scott. Kaleta. 

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Or Buffalo could just play a style of hockey that's actually tough to play against and makes opponents not want to take liberties. Everyone who has played contact hockey has played soft teams where even the least aggressive player on the team goes out there and throws big hits because they can. They do this because its fun. It's a blast to play against soft teams and take liberties behind the play to rile people up and lay dudes out when they try to make a move across the middle. Not every player gets the chance to play like that, but when the chance comes they seize it. That's what we are seeing. We have nothing. We are a soft team. We are wild flowers in an open field. If we aren't going to win hockey games at least create an identity that says "yeah you might beat us but you won't have fun doing it." This is a team with 9 (?) top ten picks on it. It's full of players who have never had to fight for anything to succeed and now they are in the NHL and can't get by. Nobody is dying from a broken bone. Go break a collarbone on the boards. Go break an orbital with a punch to the eye. Go show something. My god. This team reminds me of the teams I used to get excited about playing. I remember my biggest hits more fondly than my best plays. Show some life. I don't care if it's outdated or dirty or unsportsmanlike. Create an identity other than we are coming to Buffalo and going to take two points. At very least make it "we are coming to Buffalo, we are going to take two points, and I hope nobody misses time after the game." Who knows, maybe next time they come to town you've got a little more space to make something happen.

This sounds like the Sabres teams of the 90’s. 

Unfortunately it’s not the 90’s anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

We’ve had nastiness on the team in the last decade. It didn’t make any difference. McCormick. John Scott. Kaleta. 

There is a difference between playing a team who skates someone 4 minutes a game who can hardly skate and can only inflict damage if they are close enough to grab you and a Tom Wilson. 

Edited by #freejame

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Doesn’t matter. John Scott scored 2 goals in the All Star Game and won MVP. 

Pretty sure without looking that he played more than 4 minutes. 

5:27 and 6:32 a game in his two seasons, so you aren't wrong. 

Edited by #freejame
He only player 90 games though in two seasons

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I'm disappointed because only two of those pictures worked. Love me some good imagery. 

Yeah, not sure what is wrong with this site. I spent way too long trying to fix the issue with the photos. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.