10th consecutive season without playoffs is here - A DECADE

MODO Hockey

46 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've actually never seen probability explicitly converted into "odds" like that so that was kinda cool. I've always just offhand pieced one together from the other (without noticing or establishing the precise distinction). (1 - anything) is one of the most satisfying expressions one can ever write. Very elegant

I gotta say, I really wasn’t planning on learning anything today. It was kinda cool.

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've actually never seen probability explicitly converted into "odds" like that so that was kinda cool. I've always just offhand pieced one together from the other (without noticing or establishing the precise distinction). (1 - anything) is one of the most satisfying expressions one can ever write. Very elegant

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

I gotta say, I really wasn’t planning on learning anything today. It was kinda cool.

😊

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'll take your word for it - statistics always made me wrinkle my nose, and I only touched it if I absolutely had to 😛

Undergrad applied math majors call it "sadistics" for a reason.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

What do you think the odds were of me puking when I read the math?  Because it made my Rum and Coke taste like turpentine!

They also will finish with the "Franchise Worse" Point %.  They're going backwards.

56 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No end in sight. Meanwhile Las Vegas made it to the cup final in their first year of existence with players nobody wanted and has made the playoffs every year since.

What a joke.

Las Vegas benefited by a stupid NHL expansion draft design. Should never have been set up that way but what does this league do sensibly other than sell expansion rights to put more money in the owners pockets. The only reason for expansion to begin with at this point.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.