GDT: 3/11/2021, Penguins @ Sabres, 7pm EST, MSGb

LGR4GM

Don't underestimate the role the Sabres will be playing in shaping the playoff picture in our division! 

Teams are licking their chops thinking about the points they will--and need to--get off us.

Now it's Pittsburgh's turn to join the feast.

And soon, Boston.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Stads said:

Can anything happen tonight to get Krueger fired? Someone please come up with a scenario for me. If Ralph walked up to Terry after a 7-0 loss, wearing the t-shirt below, kicked him in the jewels and made a pass at Kim, could that do it?

7_550x550_Front_Color-AshGray.jpg

The funny thing is I remember making jokes like this (what does it take to get the coach fired!), like a decade ago, about Lindy Ruff.

It got so ugly for so long at the end, and he remained coach way past the time when he needed to go.  

We haven't made any progress, really, since.

That is really disappointing.

6 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I didn’t know where to put this. It actually makes me feel worse about the team

33531B1E-BAEF-4CF5-B847-988585D0E1D9.jpeg

And we're 12th in penalty kill. It is so hard to be last in the league with your speciality units that strong

• Like (+1) 5

10 minutes ago, Stads said:

And we're 12th in penalty kill. It is so hard to be last in the league with your speciality units that strong

Or maybe it should give us a new perspective on priorities in building a hockey team. A lot of us (me included) were sympathetic to the idea that addressing those two areas could help us cover reasonable ground. 

But the reality is, most of hockey is played 5v5 and it's where the most goals are scored. A house should have its wiring and plumbing and roofing completed before you start the interior design work

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Or maybe it should give us a new perspective on priorities in building a hockey team. A lot of us (me included) were sympathetic to the idea that addressing those two areas could help us cover reasonable ground. 

But the reality is, most of hockey is played 5v5 and it's where the most goals are scored. A house should have its wiring and plumbing and roofing completed before you start the interior design work

Ya, I guess - but we were cup contenders after signing Hall, you heard them. Teams that good only need to tinker and bring in players with a specific skill set for a specific role.

I think the only reason RK is still around is because our GM wants to see how Ralph fares against every team in the division. We scratch off PItt tonight and a week from today play Boston (with 3 other games in between). So a loss tonight, plus those next three, plus a game against Boston would bring this streak up to....14 games? That's when he'll get the axe. It's only logical.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

I think the only reason RK is still around is because our GM wants to see how Ralph fares against every team in the division. We scratch off PItt tonight and a week from today play Boston (with 3 other games in between). So a loss tonight, plus those next three, plus a game against Boston would bring this streak up to....14 games? That's when he'll get the axe. It's only logical.

calculating the hangover GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.