GDT: 3/11/2021, Penguins @ Sabres, 7pm EST, MSGb

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wasn't it Mitts turnover that cost us the first goal or did I see the wrong number? It was a really bad play. 

Yes.  Ridiculously bad play with no awareness whatsoever of what was going on around him.

LOL

6 hours ago, Billznut said:

He is beyond unlistenable when he babbles on like the moron that he is. He is so woefully out of his depth as an NHL head coach. How in the world were the Pegulas ever stupid enough to get hoodwinked by this clown?

Plenty of evidence

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

This has all the makings of another 5-2 snoozer. 

Good guess!  In their last 8 games, they’ve lost by 3 goals 6 times and there’s no reason to dispute that those teams are 3 goals better than this Sabres squad.

It was nice to read that they showed some heart with Miller’s response to the hit on Cozens.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wasn't it Mitts turnover that cost us the first goal or did I see the wrong number? It was a really bad play. 

I was watching the guys on the NHL Network when they showed that goal, and they were killing the Sabres over their mental mistakes. It's to the point where they sound like they actually pity the team. Sofa King Embarrassing.

• Like (+1) 1

And to make things worse while the Sabres were, well, just the Sabres (give aways, playing seemingly with no heart) Detroit is showing that they care and actually beat TB 6-4.  I am now assuming this is actually a tank year and no one told us. I do agree that there is really no point bringing in a new coach now. It is far too late to save this mess...kinda like throwing water on a fire after the house is  burnt to the ground. We are truly embarrassing (although RK does not seem to be embarrassed himself for whatever reason)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

And to make things worse while the Sabres were, well, just the Sabres (give aways, playing seemingly with no heart) Detroit is showing that they care and actually beat TB 6-4.  I am now assuming this is actually a tank year and no one told us. I do agree that there is really no point bringing in a new coach now. It is far too late to save this mess...kinda like throwing water on a fire after the house is  burnt to the ground. We are truly embarrassing (although RK does not seem to be embarrassed himself for whatever reason)

But what exactly are we tanking for? An LHD? Because I see 3 LHD's ranking in the top 6 of picks in most draft boards this coming draft.

And if so, does that mean they've pegged Dahlin as a bust #1 over all already?

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

But what exactly are we tanking for? An LHD? Because I see 3 LHD's ranking in the top 6 of picks in most draft boards this coming draft.

I like to think that's the reason for this disaster called the Titanic. I guess we can draft a d-man and trade some of the one's we already have (if anybody wants them). I do worry that Dahlin seems to be really degressing at a time when I was hoping to see a actual improvement

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

True but continuing with the current coach is making things worse. Not many teams would keep a coach with the team playing this poorly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabre fan said:

It's not about saving this year. It's about having a 25 game training camp for next year. 

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Well we aren’t intentionally tanking...yet.  Drafting a D in the top 3 when the top 3 prospects are D shouldn’t be a reflection on Dahlin at all.  I mean I still think he’s never, ever going to live up to the hype and he’s never going to be a player most fans appreciate because he doesn’t hit (enough for the knuckle draggers) or fight.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Any goons in Roch that can be called up?

That play doesn't happen if.... ahh nevermind. 

This is a fallacy.  Dirty players do dirty things regardless of who is on the other team.  

Don’t forget one time great Sabre legend Dalton Smith wasting his fists away down in Rochester. 

8 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

A little something more recent. Call up Fitzy from Roch.  

7 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Fitz-no name beat the snot out of that guy. 

The 5’11” 180 lbs goon Casey Fitzgerald. 

30 minutes ago, inkman said:

Don’t forget one time great Sabre legend Dalton Smith wasting his fists away down in Rochester. 

Not so. Time for my obligatory "worldwide leader in sports --- which now has NHL broadcast rights for years!" reminder that Dalton Smith still is a Sabre over at ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/roster/_/name/buf/buffalo-sabres

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

This goes back multiple years now: Why doesn't this team have Dahlin's back? Is he just a total unhumble bumble? Sure, he needs to stick up more for himself. But he's still a teammate. Don't they have any respect for the guy? 

They don't care about anything. Ruff went after Ottawa after the Drury hit. That team cared

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

The best thing about them being so terrible is now I can save myself 70 bucks a month by not continuing my FuboTV subscription. Literally the only reason I had it was for sabres games. Now I can buy drugs instead for my depression 

NHL.tv is a helluva lot cheaper than that.... two months of Fubo gets you the whole year of NHL.tv.

Edited by Doohickie

21 minutes ago, nucci said:

They don't care about anything. Ruff went after Ottawa after the Drury hit. That team cared

With the exception of Skinner, they should at least care about their trade value or UFA market value and what other teams might look for in a player.

The response to Cozens was there. Tepid, but there. But nothing for Dahlin.

2 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

There’s not even a player to tank for this year. They’re just really bad at hockey. I’ve never seen a coach in any professional sport coach so much talent out of his players. He’s the worst coach in the history of the team

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.