Career change anyone? Sabres looking for a Director of Fan Development

LabattBlue

I only had to read one line of the job description...The Director of Fan Development will play a key role in growing and sustaining the fanbase of the Buffalo Sabres. 

LOL.  Good luck with that!  

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/HOC10001BFLO/JobBoard/4d61dcfa-1b56-4c81-b31a-0e36b69a57fa/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=35e807f6-072c-4241-9657-32bae59700b8

If not, how about working with the Pegula daughters as Manager of the Healthy Scratch.  😂

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/HOC10001BFLO/JobBoard/4d61dcfa-1b56-4c81-b31a-0e36b69a57fa/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=627e130f-00f0-434b-a1e4-1bb7bc097017

Edited by LabattBlue

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I only had to read one line of the job description...The Director of Fan Development will play a key role in growing and sustaining the fanbase of the Buffalo Sabres. 

LOL.  Good luck with that!  

https://recruiting.ultipro.com/HOC10001BFLO/JobBoard/4d61dcfa-1b56-4c81-b31a-0e36b69a57fa/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=35e807f6-072c-4241-9657-32bae59700b8

Didn't they try to find one of these before?  No luck?  The last one quit already?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, nucci said:

it's pretty simple. Put a winning team on the ice

Exactly.  This person will look really good or really bad depending on the rest of the organization.  And it will be primarily out of their hands.

18 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Could I do the job completely remotely, using mostly quotes from a film franchise, and only work about... say... 4-12 hours/week including the watching of games? I think I could manage that and my day job, and posting here, if the salary was competitive with whatever the current coach is making.

The world is going nuts.  Fan development is a job?  

1 Put an exciting product on the ice

2 Consistently win

3 Get players that want to be here and are engaged in the community 

4 Consistently win even more 

Done!  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The world is going nuts.  Fan development is a job?  

1 Put an exciting product on the ice

2 Consistently win

3 Get players that want to be here and are engaged in the community 

4 Consistently win even more 

Done!  

I with ya.  Ice a team that competes, hits a few players and drops the gloves when they are supposed to and voila, fanbase developed. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's my understanding that lobotomies are illegal, so Sabres Zombies are out.

But electro-shock therapy might help.

We could also hire out a whole monastery and a whole nunnery to exorcise the curse. We already know that some teams (cough...Raiders...cough) sold out their teams to the devil.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh *****, I so want this gig.

I can walk around the arena during the games screaming at drunk fans in the 200 level, "NO YOU SUCK", "GET OFF YOUR DEAD ASS AND GET YOUR FAT DOG AND BEER", "HE COULDN'T HIT THE NET? YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT FISHING IS", "THE GAME IS ABOUT OVER, NOW MOVE YOUR FAT ASS'S TO THE DOORS, DADDY'S GOT A NEW BIG BAD WOLF COSTUME FOR MUMMY, NOW MOVE IT", "And remember folks, next game is Tuesday, bring your friends and don't forget to tip your server, have a great evening".

I could have some real fun at this gig.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

This wouldn't be the worst job in the world depending on what sort of resources they gave you to work with.  Given every other half-assed thing PSE does though I suspect your budget is zippo. Their view on fan development is likely how do we get these saps in here to keep spending money on this garbage, not how do we make lifelong hockey fans of kids who have grown up entirely with the Sabres being garbage and irrelevant.

This sort of thing is what Russ Brandon was paid to do with the Bills for years and years.

Find clever new narratives and angles to convince the fanbase that this year was going to be the year when the ***** show turned around.

I'm not surprised they think they need someone to work at this.

It's pretty clear they are done spending money.

It's going to get worse before it gets better.

I continue to hope Pegula simply sells the team.  It's the easiest path to success for the fanbase.

16 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The first thing they need to do is establish trust with the community again. That is a hard ask. Maybe for fun I will apply even though I am not qualified for about 50% of this. 

I would feel much better about the team if you were a part of the organization. As long as you constantly give the front office notes on draft prospects. 

• Like (+1) 1

First the requisite... Matt Ellis is the Director of Player Development. So whomever is hired for this role is the Matt Ellis of Fan Development.

Are they putting together a "Fan Development Department" to go alongside the Player Development Department? Who reports to the Director of Fan Development? Can I be a paid Fan who works for this new Director of Fan Development? I want $50,000. No less. Because I'm holding a thermal insulated coffee mug. And why isn't this money being spent on scouting or coaching, or Assistant General Managing for ROC and someday soon Cincinnati, let alone planning for the trade deadline and expansion draft, and what in blazes we'll do when we have to replace half the roster once more this next offseason? And being groomed the future as part of a succession plan, an apprentice if you will, or even better -- as the next hot AGM once the Sabres start winning, think of the optics of "we want the AGM in Buffalo as our next GM". An organization needs to be constantly scheming for the future, and the fans will watch if you win, kids will go nuts if you win and shed real tears if you lose in the playoffs. They won't need marketing, they'll brand it for themselves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.