Kim Pegula background...

LabattBlue

Just now, dudacek said:

How in the world does being being a football player on a good team qualify one to be the president of a huge entertainment business?

Then again, I don't think we had a thread questioning Pat Lafontaine's credentials, did we?

We did not.

Just pointing out (as I did in my first post in this thread) that there are a few owners who played their sports.  Not many, but a few.

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe what causes threads like this to be started, is when a team president looking for a GM conducts NO interviews, and just hires an under qualified employee who was running the youth hockey academy, because of familiarity.  Fast forward 9 months, and the team is as bad as ever.

Does this seem like a sound business decision?  😂

YOU PIG.

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

How in the world does being being a football player on a good team qualify one to be the president of a huge entertainment business?

Then again, I don't think we had a thread questioning Pat Lafontaine's credentials, did we?

Wouldn't you say having experience in the industry you want to president is important?

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Best I can tell, that dude won life's lottery a couple of times -- married a smoke show of a younger woman and sold a quite risky business venture for a billion or more. Fair to add that, sometimes, you make your own luck.

This reveals quite a bit. As far as I can recall, you are the only poster on this board to routinely objectify Kim. It's 2021. We don't do that.

Is this over yet? I have to get down to the lodge for a mask-burning party. Some girls from the college are going to jump out of a coffin.

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Switch Kim and Terry in this scenario and the thread still gets started.

The thread might still be started but with a different question - like "Should Terry hand over control of the day-to-day operations?" or "Is Terry incompetent and meddling?"  

The "is Terry qualified?" question would never be asked.  Not that way, not ever.

39 minutes ago, Radar said:

The fact that this is a female is central to why question qualifications. What qualifies Gerry Jones? Or any other man? Is Terry more qualified? No. Plain and simple.

If it was a man and this question was asked, we all would just answer it. Because it’s a women, we are told not to even ask.

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Notice kids that NO ONE is asking for Terry Pegula to provide detailed information on what he did at the company for 30 years, but the woman, the "owner's wife", she needs to write us a detailed report so us internet men can judge her on her qualifications. Get the ***** out of here. 

What a load of crap. We have been questioning Terry’s hockey credentials since day one.

If the Sabres were great, we would be touting the wonderful job a women president was doing. You want equality, well here it is, we get to call out that same president for sucking and being unqualified.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, SwampD said:

If it was a man and this question was asked, we around all just answer it. Because it’s a women, we are told not to even ask.

What a load of crap. We have been questioning Terry’s hockey credentials since day one.

If the Sabres were great, we would be touting the wonderful job a women president was doing. You want equality, well here it is, we get to call out that same president for sucking and being unqualified.

We all agree she sucks at her job.  Just ask it that way and avoid these types of debates.  No one starts a thread, "Terry Pegula background..."

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Wouldn't you say having experience in the industry you want to president is important?

Yes. Or at least preferable.

That said, a leadership role in a music company (I'm not overly familiar with what Kim did in that area of the Pegula enterprise) is probably more relevant to the Sabres president job than being a first-line centre.

I think you're fighting the wrong battle here: it's irrelevant whether Kim "deserves" the job; what's important is whether she's good at it.

So far she has failed to hire the right hockey people or make the paying customers happy. In my view, that's at least partially because she hasn't been able to convince her husband to stop playing fantasy GM

Edited by dudacek

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This reveals quite a bit. As far as I can recall, you are the only poster on this board to routinely objectify Kim. It's 2021. We don't do that.

I don't mean to objectify her. I do think she's a good looking lady. (Also: She smells nice.) I'm sorry if you're offended by that.

30 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Jerry Jones is not the example you want to use here.  He won a national championship as a player.

Possibly true but he's not particularly talented as a general manager in my opinion. Nor do I think a former player is any more qualified just because he played the game.

4 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

The thread might still be started but with a different question - like "Should Terry hand over control of the day-to-day operations?" or "Is Terry incompetent and meddling?"  

The "is Terry qualified?" question would never be asked.  Not that way, not ever.

I have devoted the last 10 years of my life doing exactly that.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If it was a man and this question was asked, we all would just answer it. Because it’s a women, we are told not to even ask.

Correct why did we ask? Frankly my impression is Kim is a bit sharper than Terry.🤔 I'm not impressed with either and has nothing to do with gender.

Edited by Radar

8 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

That has to be sarcasm, right?

Edited by SwampD

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That’s not the question.

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

What is it other than being the owners wife qualifies her to be head of PSE, and therefore President of two major league sports franchise in North America? 

It basically is the question.  "Other than being the owners wife" was built in to the question, but she's THE CO-OWNER OF THE TEAM.  She's not the "owner's wife" any more than Terry is the "owner's husband."

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

It basically is the question.  "Other than being the owners wife" was built in to the question, but she's THE CO-OWNER OF THE TEAM.  She's not the "owner's wife" any more than Terry is the "owner's husband."

You are paraphrasing to fit your narrative.

The question is and has been what qualifies her to be president of the team, not what qualifies her to be owner.

They are different.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

More than a bit, if we are being honest. I like Terry, but man he seems, er, dumb

What's the word we debated using for him @PASabreFan? Was it ... oaf? I think maybe that was the word I preferred. I can't recall which one you were using. Maybe it was "oaf"?

23 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't mean to objectify her. I do think she's a good looking lady. (Also: She smells nice.) I'm sorry if you're offended by that.

Maybe just mildly creeped out and I’m the most vile disgusting person I know. 😀

Edited by inkman

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

What's the word we debated using for him @PASabreFan? Was it ... oaf? I think maybe that was the word I preferred. I can't recall which one you were using. Maybe it was "oaf"?

I mean this endearingly, but when I see him standing by Kim in public/at press conferences I picture an 8 year old accompanying his mom to work 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.