Kim Pegula background...

LabattBlue

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

One more time for the old folks in the back. You can ask why she qualified without dismissing her as "the owner's wife". 

A little ageism with your accusation of sexism? As for owner's wife, you JUST made the argument that at the time of Terry's purchase of the team, she was THE OWNER'S WIFE.

Too easy. I have better things to do. Maybe count the toenails in my jar again.

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

What was her position/responsibilities within the fracking business for all of those years.  

I'm not sure anyone has visibility into that. It was nearly 20 years, anyway. She rose through the ranks. She married the boss. At the conclusion of her time there, the company was sold for a cool $1B+.

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think that's right.

The better question, IMO, is should the Pegulas, singly or jointly, carry forward with their current breadth of responsibilities within PSE. And I think the answer to that is a resounding no.

Probably not, and I hate defending them right now because the Sabres are a dumpster fire but they seem to at least understand that PSE got too big too fast. Now will they correct that and make it better, hard to say. 

Just now, PASabreFan said:

A little ageism with your accusation of sexism? As for owner's wife, you JUST made the argument that at the time of Terry's purchase of the team, she was THE OWNER'S WIFE.

Yes, I specifically used ageism. Funny you can recognize one because it may impact you but the other you dismiss because, as far as I know you are not a woman. 

I'm not sure anyone has visibility into that. It was nearly 20 years, anyway. She rose through the ranks. She married the boss. At the conclusion of her time there, the company was sold for a cool $1B+.

Well, she married him first. Then she rose through the ranks by pulling herself up by her bootstraps and struggling, year on year, to heroically break through that glass ceiling. And she had to be tough as nails to do it in a male-dominated industry.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't know or care. She is qualified because she owns the team and decided she was qualified. I can disagree with her on that but she still gets to make the decision. I have seen very little that shows me she is incapable of being president of PSE. They clearly over-expanded but that happens a lot in business. They have taken steps to correct that. The Bills are purring along. The Sabres from what we know have been meddled in by Terry. 

What makes her disqualified to be president of PSE?

Constantly move the needle.  You say that she is qualified to be Sabres and Bills president because of 30 years of experience in business.  So when I ask you to help me out with what she did over said 30 years, your response..."don't know or care".  Sometimes it just is not worth arguing.  😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

It was too easy. Too easy to understand that in 2014 when PSE was created she went from being the Sabres' owner's wife to the Sabres President. She has always been separated from Terry when it comes to the Bills. Again, my wife buys are car, it is her car. We buy a car, it is our car. 

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Well, she married him first. Then she rose through the ranks by pulling herself up by her bootstraps and struggling, year on year, to heroically break through that glass ceiling. And she had to be tough as nails to do it in a male-dominated industry.

Met him at a local restaurant (Beef and Barrell?) at some point in the early 90s (?). Made quite an impression, evidently. Hired post-grad in 1991. Married in 1993. 

I don't think the other stuff adds anything. It does reveal quite a bit, though.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Lol. Seriously. We can get bogged down in gender studies debates. The more pressing issue is that they both suck out loud at owning a pro hockey team.

You brought a tear to my eye.  I'll leave the thread open, but I'll move on.  Thanks!  🙂

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Constantly move the needle.  You say that she is qualified to be Sabres and Bills president because of 30 years of experience in business.  So when I ask you to help me out with what she did over said 30 years, your response..."don't know or care".  Sometimes it just is not worth arguing.  😂

You asked 2 separate questions. 

She has 30 years of experience in business. What she did, I don't know or care because...

second part, she had the money to buy the team so she can decide if she is qualified. 

There is no moving needle on my end. You asked why the "owner's wife" was qualified. That answer is because she owns the team, so money. You want to know what education or experience makes her qualified, she has 30 years working in business and a degree in business communications. You want to know what she did in those 30 years... what's next, you want me to administer a test to her about business to see how qualified she is. Idk what she did but she seems to have been heavily involved with the company so I would guess she learned a thing or two at East Resources. She's also run PSE for 6 years so probably learned some stuff there. How good is she? No idea, I think there clearly have been some issues (I noted over expanding as one) but the company seems to be doing okay if not great in the pandemic era. 

6 minutes ago, Radar said:

The fact that this is a female is central to why question qualifications. What qualifies Gerry Jones? Or any other man? Is Terry more qualified? No. Plain and simple.

Jerry Jones is not the example you want to use here.  He won a national championship as a player.

Notice kids that NO ONE is asking for Terry Pegula to provide detailed information on what he did at the company for 30 years, but the woman, the "owner's wife", she needs to write us a detailed report so us internet men can judge her on her qualifications. Get the ***** out of here. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I am the President of Sabrespace and Two Bill’s Drive. I am the CEO, the CFO and the CIO. I am the vice president the cyber security division and the maintenance foreman. I am the chief administrative officer and I am also secretary to all these people. I make coffee daily, but the entitled pricks listed above won’t even drink it. But then they think it’s fine to just sleep through the meetings. 🙄

Wait. We just had a vote. I now have been voted Mr. and Mrs. TBD & SS. I am the first person in history to have all four titles.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Notice kids that NO ONE is asking for Terry Pegula to provide detailed information on what he did at the company for 30 years, but the woman, the "owner's wife", she needs to write us a detailed report so us internet men can judge her on her qualifications. Get the ***** out of here. 

Best I can tell, that dude won life's lottery a couple of times -- married a smoke show of a younger woman and sold a quite risky business venture for a billion or more. Fair to add that, sometimes, you make your own luck.

Maybe what causes threads like this to be started, is when a team president looking for a GM conducts NO interviews, and just hires an under qualified employee who was running the youth hockey academy, because of familiarity.  Fast forward 9 months, and the team is as bad as ever.

Does this seem like a sound business decision?  😂

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

Best I can tell, that dude won life's lottery a couple of times -- married a smoke show of a younger woman and sold a quite risky business venture for a billion or more. Fair to add that, sometimes, you make your own luck.

Sounds pretty accurate. He speculated on natural gas and after the market went crazy in the 2000's when oil prices skyrocketed he sold parts of that business and made a fortune. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Maybe what causes threads like this to be started, is when a team president looking for a GM conducts NO interviews, and just hires an under qualified employee who was running the your hockey academy because of familiarity.  Fast forward 9 months, and the team is as bad as ever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe what causes threads like this to be started, is when a team president looking for a GM conducts NO interviews, and just hires an under qualified employee who was running the your hockey academy because of familiarity.  Fast forward 9 months, and the team is as bad as ever.

This is the more worthwhile question, IMO.  

Of course, they could have conducted no interviews, hired Adams as "president" (again, whatever that means) and then Adams could have conducted interviews and hired a GM, leading to a similar question about whether it was a sound business decision to hire Adams.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Jerry Jones is not the example you want to use here.  He won a national championship as a player.

How in the world does being being a football player on a good team qualify one to be the president of a huge entertainment business?

Then again, I don't think we had a thread questioning Pat Lafontaine's credentials, did we?

Just now, dudacek said:

How in the world does being being a football player on a good team qualify one to be the president of a huge entertainment business?

Then again, I don't think we had a thread questioning Pat Lafontaine's credentials, did we?

He wasn't in the role long enough to question his hiring.  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.