Ralph Krueger’s burner account?

inkman

I'm lost too. Why is the suggestion that it's Ralph?

Also what's crazy or hellish?

And why the need for sleuthing? All of the tweeter's positions are reasonable.

It's an Internet mob at a time of cancel culture.

Nothing new. They've been trying to cancel me since 2005.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The account name is a combination of Ralph’s son’s name and Ralph’s wife’s maiden name.  The account has one follower, a football club from Southampton England, where Ralph used to work.  The posts from the account are extremely pro-Krueger.

Its probably Ralph’s son.  I also don’t really care though.

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

The account name is a combination of Ralph’s son’s name and Ralph’s wife’s maiden name.  The account has one follower, a football club from Southampton England, where Ralph used to work.  The posts from the account are extremely pro-Krueger.

Its probably Ralph’s son.  I also don’t really care though.

OK. But the titillation seems to be that it's Ralph. I still don't get it. Are they saying he's pretending to be his son?

37 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

OK. But the titillation seems to be that it's Ralph. I still don't get it. Are they saying he's pretending to be his son?

I tend to believe its not Ralph, that would be a grotesquely stupid thing to do on his part ( Doesn't he have anything better to do? Such as coach his team better. )

Could be his kid but again If I was Ralph, I'd say to my kid "WTF are you doing?"

Sabres "media" employee? - Makes sense to me with the way the Sabres run their organization. Hilarious, yet pitiful at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

There's no way this is real... right? I mean this would be crazy if true.

Am I the only one that reads the tweets and think they sound like basically exactly what Ralph would say, if he was perhaps a little less concerned with tip toeing around the players? Like in the sense I feel like he pretty much could have just tweeted that from his real account? There’s not much there tbh. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Ya. 

I mean people have burners. It’s 2021 even if it’s Ralph (or his son or w/e)...I know people would see it as what unprofessional I guess? But he’s engaging rationally and saying pretty much what he would if it wasn’t a burner. 

At the very least, he’s practicing what he preaches as if it’s somehow him he’s online trying to change the mindset of the fan base. 

Seemingly lying about Jack’s injury sticks out so oddly to me because I’m coming back around to my position that Krueger is for the most part pretty genuine in what he’s trying to promote. That one thing was so weird 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya. 

I mean people have burners. It’s 2021 even if it’s Ralph (or his son or w/e)...I know people would see it as what unprofessional I guess? But he’s engaging rationally and saying pretty much what he would if it wasn’t a burner. 

At the very least, he’s practicing what he preaches as if it’s somehow him he’s online trying to change the mindset of the fan base. 

Seemingly lying about Jack’s injury sticks out so oddly to me because I’m coming back around to my position that Krueger is for the most part pretty genuine in what he’s trying to promote. That one thing was so weird 

If it's his son, how is it a burner account? And there's no way it's Ralph's burner account.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If it's his son, how is it a burner account? And there's no way it's Ralph's burner account.

The account name is how people who consider themselves clever make names. They draw upon personal details in their lives, but consider themselves hidden in plain sight. This Southampton stuff is particularly damning.

A Sabres employee would not draw upon the personal details of someone else to make an account like that. Those details are personal to someone else, not to them. It would just be Sabrefan12345 or Stanley from Sloan. 

Could it be a random fan? Maybe. If it was, they are very good. Just enough detail without being too obvious. However, it’s hard to get someone else’s voice just right. People tend to become caricatures of the people they are imitating. Plus, the only purpose for doing this is to try and pretend to be this burner account, with all that really being all that damaging. Someone who has it out for Ralph, but once the damage him with something like this is going to say something very negative about Jeff Skinner, etc. These tweets sound like Ralph’s. I can hear his voice when I read them. 

Lastly, how likely is it to be his son? He is 34 years old. It’s possible he thought he was clever by using his first name and his mothers last name. However, using his own first name is highly unlikely IMO. Also, he’s a hockey player. I am also skeptical he would care much about Southampton to associate his account with them.

I think the fingerprints on this one has all of the markings of Ralph’s account. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

What's so strange about it? Just the idea that someone is defending Ralph?

The idea that someone would create the account specifically to defend Ralph on twitter. It's twitter, it is a hate filled cesspool. I try not to post on it and just follow the ppl who bring me news. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SDS said:

The account name is how people who consider themselves clever make names. They draw upon personal details in their lives, but consider themselves hidden in plain sight. This Southampton stuff is particularly damning.

A Sabres employee would not draw upon the personal details of someone else to make an account like that. Those details are personal to someone else, not to them. It would just be Sabrefan12345 or Stanley from Sloan. 

Could it be a random fan? Maybe. If it was, they are very good. Just enough detail without being too obvious. However, it’s hard to get someone else’s voice just right. People tend to become caricatures of the people they are imitating. Plus, the only purpose for doing this is to try and pretend to be this burner account, with all that really being all that damaging. Someone who has it out for Ralph, but once the damage him with something like this is going to say something very negative about Jeff Skinner, etc. These tweets sound like Ralph’s. I can hear his voice when I read them. 

Lastly, how likely is it to be his son? He is 34 years old. It’s possible he thought he was clever by using his first name and his mothers last name. However, using his own first name is highly unlikely IMO. Also, he’s a hockey player. I am also skeptical he would care much about Southampton to associate his account with them.

I think the fingerprints on this one has all of the markings of Ralph’s account. 

You've obviously given this more thought than I have! The son could sound like his dad for obvious reasons. He could also be a Southampton fan for obvious reasons.

If Ralph wanted a fake account, I don't see why he'd involve his son.

I definitely don't think Ralph would spend his free time creating one small fake account to defend himself every once in a while. 

I really believe it's Ralph's son, who didn't even think about the idea that someone would notice that it was him, because it doesn't really matter and he never said anything particularly revealing/problematic/whatever 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

What's so strange about it? Just the idea that someone is defending Ralph?

Not just someone -- probably RK's son, and probably trying to cover his tracks by using a semi-fake name.

Not a big deal, since he didn't say anything particularly inflammatory, but still kinda interesting.

19 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's definitely real, the question is, who is it?

Justin Gibbons is not a name that you would connect to the organization on any level, his son's name is Justin, his wife's hyphenated last name includes Gibbons. The account is at least a month or so old, so it would be a fairly long-running and patient joke, if it were a joke. The jokester would have had to control himself, tweeting sporadically enough so as not to arouse suspicion, to have a fairly normal posting pattern. He also would have to trust that eventually his tweets would be read or noticed by someone who cares, without promoting them himself. 

It feels organic. Maybe it's just a random Ralph defender, but the name thing and follower connection really does read like it's Ralph's son not thinking that anyone would care enough to dig like this, since it's not that big of a deal even now that we may know

It had 11 tweets as of last night.  

Someone is just messing around "hey look a Ralph burner account!"

Because watching and talking about the team is a waste of time so...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.