Krueger wanted Chris Taylor "gone": Paul Hamilton says

LGR4GM

52 minutes ago, inkman said:

Listening to Hamilton discuss this with Schopp & Bulldog yesterday was quite infuriating.  The quote was “scoring goals is how Jeff’s measured his whole career” was completely dismissed by Paul.  He said when he heard it, he didn’t take it as a slight.  

Im sorry, what?  Did words stop meaning things?  Sorry Paul, that’s exactly what it means. He’s throwing mad shade on Jeff.  I don’t know if Hamilton was told by his employers (the Pegulas) to squash the topic or what.  Schopp was incredulous that Paul would come to that conclusion. 

Without talking about intent, or appropriateness, isn't the statement kinda true?

Averages 20 assists a season, hasn't been a plus player in 10 years, never played a playoff game, usually effective only within 40 feet of the other team's net...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Without talking about intent, or appropriateness, isn't the statement kinda true?

Averages 20 assists a season, hasn't been a plus player in 10 years, never played a playoff game, usually effective only within 40 feet of the other team's net...

I’d limit that to 20 feet and I’d say so what.  He is paid to score goals.  We don’t score any and desperately need him to score.  He needs a playmaker to get him the puck and a good coach would find away to make that happen. 

Not sure what this has to do with Chris Taylor except How he treats Skinner and how he treated Taylor seems like a pretty good insight into RK the person.  He seems like a person that holds grudges and wants to bury anyone who remotely challenges his authority, aka a bully.  

I’m looking forward to the next coach.  

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Listening to Hamilton discuss this with Schopp & Bulldog yesterday was quite infuriating.  The quote was “scoring goals is how Jeff’s measured his whole career” was completely dismissed by Paul.  He said when he heard it, he didn’t take it as a slight.  

Im sorry, what?  Did words stop meaning things?  Sorry Paul, that’s exactly what it means. He’s throwing mad shade on Jeff.  I don’t know if Hamilton was told by his employers (the Pegulas) to squash the topic or what.  Schopp was incredulous that Paul would come to that conclusion. 

I'm with Paul. Watching the presser, I didn't (and don't) think anything of it.

Reading it out of context, it appears much differently.

36 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We don't think Skinner measures his career on wins, too? Come on. Do you think Skinner would say "I measure my career on goals"? Even if he did he wouldn't say it cause it sounds bad, and Krueger knows it. I think it was likely a shot. 

I still haven't seen anything to suggest though that Jeff doesn't measure success by his team winning, too. 

Edited by Thorny

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We don't think Skinner measures his career on wins, too? Come on. Do you think Skinner would say "I measure my career on goals"? Even if he did he wouldn't say it cause it sounds bad, and Krueger knows it. I think it was likely a shot. 

I still haven't seen anything to suggest though that Jeff doesn't measure success by his team winning, too. 

idk, remember that earlier comment "I guess I'm a pretty good hockey player" or something like that. Made me think Jeff is more about Jeff than anything else. 

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk, remember that earlier comment "I guess I'm a pretty good hockey player" or something like that. Made me think Jeff is more about Jeff than anything else. 

I suppose but having self confidence and caring about winning are not mutually exclusive. 

The wording sticks out to me. Krueger didn't say Jeff measures his "game" on goals, he said he measures his CAREER on goals. Significant, to me. 

Edited by Thorny

55 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sure. I agree with Schopp, I wouldn’t be dissuading my players from employing tactics that lead to goals.  Especially considering this team is at a historically bad goal scoring pace.  They are going to set records for futility but Ralph’y doesn’t like Jeff because he doesn’t pick up those moronic drop passes that always lead to a turnover.  

41 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm with Paul. Watching the presser, I didn't (and don't) think anything of it.

Reading it out of context, it appears much differently.

Ralph went out of his way to say it.  He didn’t need to.  No one asked how Jeff measures his own career.  As someone who has mastered the backhanded slight, I know it when I see it.  He meant disrespect.  Otherwise, he wouldn’t have gone out of his way to conveniently drop it where he did. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

I suppose but having self confidence and caring about winning are not mutually exclusive. 

The wording sticks out to me. Krueger didn't say Jeff measures his "game" on goals, he said he measures his CAREER on goals. Significant, to me. 

I agree the wording is specific and has a different meaning, but I wonder if some of these Krueger comments are due to the German in him. It's a very blunt and direct language and German speaking people using English can often come off condescending or more blunt than they intend. It's a cultural thing which leads to that view that Germans have no sense of humour and such. I don't know if Krueger is more Canadian or more German in his thought process or speech patterns but it might explain some of it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Ralph considers himself an intellectual. A great communicator. Likely what HE measures his own career on.

He absolutely knew what he was saying. It’s been clear since the day he arrived that he doesn’t like Skinner. He was on a line that scored 100 goals, then RK moved him away inexplicably.  

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabre1974 said:

If that's true regarding Taylor I absolutely despise the man. He can take his coaching and horrible system and shove it!!!!   Well done to hall and reinhart for there comments last night. Thats on you Ralph and your system!!!

What comments?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.