What hockey teams do you like watching either individually or matchups

North Buffalo

I like watching the Avs... they are not perfect but man they skate.  Also enjoy Vancouver... win or lose they give Toronto fits... also Hawks TB series has been surprisingly enjoyable... young Hawks really working.  I only rout for Sabres but they are unwatchable and now because MSG blocks half their games I find myself just looking for good games to watch.. Comments?

Edited by North Buffalo

8 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I like watching Tampa Bay, seeing all the players and coach who got their start with the Syracuse Crunch. They show how a farm team should be used to develop talent.

Can't have a farm team when you draft poorly. 

Die hard Sabres fan, but I’m not gonna lie, living here in northeastern Mass where all their games are on, I admire the way the Bruins play. I watched some of the recent games against the Caps, and compared to recent Sabres games, the difference was, um... stark. Night and day. It was like watching playoff hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as I hate them I enjoy the Bruins for their style of play. The toughness that runs through the lineup. I’m not talking about pugilists. I’m talking about team toughness. Lots of skill and they battle for every puck. Like Tampa for much the same reason. Its no coincidence these are the teams that advance in the playoffs when the rough and tumble style of play ramps up. They go to war with and for each other. They also have great leadership that holds each other accountable. I watch the nucks because of their proximity to where I live. They have some great young talent but need to find some consistency.

• Like (+1) 1

For Sabres games, TO and Boston are by far my favorites.  They always seem to be good games.  

For other teams, my 2nd favorite team in the league has always been Edmonton, so I always watch and try to enjoy their games.  Battle of Alberta games are some of my favorites even now. 

I live in FL now so I get all the Panthers games; they have talent on the team and are becoming fun to watch.

Colorado is fun to watch  with speed and talent these days. 

I lived in DC for many years so I also watch a lot of the Caps games; I know their announcers very well and they are one of the better pairs in the game, which helps.

Living out here in Southern California Im enjoying watching the Los Angeles Kings.

Watch out for this team, an almost embarrassment of riches in the system, they are slowly building a monster and will be great sooner then later.

Also, Anze Kopitar: Such an underappreciated great player, does so many little things that don't show on the stat sheets that most look at, is cementing his HOF credentials this season.

I have an Arizona connection, so I'll watch them. They actually seem to have a chance to get in the playoffs, so hopefully it'll be fun to watch their season.

If RK remains coach, sadly, I think I'll just check scores & highlights for the Sabres. This is too hard to watch. First time in my life I felt this way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.