GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC

Doohickie

1 hour ago, Radar said:

I turned 78 today. I need to reprogram my mind on young vs old 😂

Happy Birthday Radar.  

Too bad that the Sabres could not have played better on your day.  Too bad for a lot of things and too bad for Ralph.  He came in with so much promise, meeting will fans incognito, gaining their view and seemingly a good coaching communicator.  You and I have seen many things in our time, and this shall pass too.  Someday the Sabres will rise again!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hawerchuk said:

Memo to Terry and Kim: 

bleep you you bleeping morons!! You happy now? Get some real hockey people in here. You are destroying this club. We all hate you. 

ps. Go #%%* yourself. And your ego! 

No. “We all” don’t HATE Terry and Kim. 

In fact, I would say out of all Sabres fans on the planet, I bet no more than 10-15% have actual hatred for them. 

I mostly hate how they have run the team for the past several years, but I don’t have hatred for them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

In fact, I would say out of all Sabres fans on the planet, I bet no more than 10-15% have actual hatred for them. 

I mostly hate how they have run the team for the past several years, but I don’t have hatred for them.

I guess you love incompetent insanity then. Pegulas have put this team in the garbage and they only care about money. Covid has hurt I get it, but their reluctance to accept defeat and hire a real experienced coach and GM only solidifies their stupidity. Defending them has no place. They got lucky with the Bills thank god but this team has been second rate for 10+ years now. So yes, #%<* you Pegulas!!

11 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I don't hate them, but I am tired of their inability to hire people. It amazes me that they every got that wealthy in the first place with this bad an eye for executive talent.

That’s kinda my point. Apparently that nuance is lost on some Sabres fans. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I will always be indebted to the Pegula's for purchasing the Sabres and rescuing the Bills.  They are good people who will admit that they have made mistakes.  In fact, they don't have to admit it, because its pointed out to them every day.  Has the recent past been frustrating - of course.  But its not worth hating over.  Changes will be made and fanbase confidence will once again be restored.  The Sabres will rise again! 

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hawerchuk said:

I guess you love incompetent insanity then. Pegulas have put this team in the garbage and they only care about money. Covid has hurt I get it, but their reluctance to accept defeat and hire a real experienced coach and GM only solidifies their stupidity. Defending them has no place. They got lucky with the Bills thank god but this team has been second rate for 10+ years now. So yes, #%<* you Pegulas!!

Sentence by sentence:

Just because someone does not hate the Pegulas does not mean that s/he loves incompetent insanity.  I don't hate them at all.  They seem quite personable and about as good as I could expect anyone -- just not running a hockey franchise.

If the Pegulas only cared about money, this team would not be in Buffalo.

I will agree that not acting quickly, accepting that they created this mess, and fixing this proto makes them look like incompetents at running a hockey team.

I can't offhand think of anyone defending how the Sabres have been run in the past decade.

You are right: they got lucky with the Bills.

Next time you are downtown during lunch and order from the food trucks, you might run into one of the Pegulas, KA, or other high-ranking visible members of the organisation.  Do what I did: say something.  I spoke with Kim once about how much I hated the tank after it worked.  I told Tim Murray how much I appreciated his father and his uncle allowing me and some coaches from UMd to sit in on the Washington Capitals' and Baltimore Skipjacks' practises as well as meet with them before and after practise.  I spoke with one of the daughters about her hopes for the family's ownership.  I told Terry how I hated the lack of movement from Botterill when the Sabres were sliding out of playoff position in 2019.  If you are polite, you can really engage them and get some answers -- even if you don't like what they tell you.  IMHO, you opinion about how clueless they are about certain aspects of hockey management are well-founded.  And if the are not occupied, they always answer questions from regular fans in line with them when they are treated the way everyone else is treated.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan
Missed a few words on editing.
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, pastajoe said:

I DVR the games, fast forward through stoppages, commercials, and between periods. Once the Sabres get behind I fast forward a minute at a time until there’s another score. My personal NHL Red Zone. With the constant falling behind I get through it in a hour.

I do the same thing, but I watch all the game play.  I still don't think it takes more than 1.5 hours.

The games are so much faster this way, much more coherent in that they don't suffer from all the stoppages and delays, and you avoid all the sitting around/having to listen to studio filler crap.

It's awesome.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

^ This,

But I have said this for years. You need a solid hockey Department and an even better amateur scouting staff to develop players because not many high quality free agents actually want to play for Buffalo and Yes I was shocked like the whole hockey world that Hall actually wanted to come to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

How many other teams do you think we're offering him 8M this season given revenues?

The Hall situation was a custom made situation, in which both parties won.

There were almost *no* other teams in a position to give him the money he wanted last year, nor is it likely that Hall would have come to Buffalo had he had more options.

So both sides win; we get the player who would have otherwise passed us over, he gets his big pay day in an economic down time for the league.

It's for those reasons that I always assumed he was meant to be a 1 year rental and would be gone at the upcoming deadline.

I hope I'm right; I don't want his ass extended here.

Edited by Kruppstahl
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

The Hall situation was a custom made situation, in which both parties won.

There were almost *no* other teams in a position to give him the money he wanted last year, nor is it likely that Hall would have come to Buffalo had he had more options.

So both sides win; we get the player who would have otherwise passed us over, he gets his big pay day in an economic down time for the league.

It's for those reasons that I always assumed he was meant to be a 1 year rental and would be gone at the upcoming deadline.

I hope I'm right; I don't want his ass extended here.

You don’t like extended ass?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.