GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC

Doohickie

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yes, for me in the central time zone, this is a morning game.

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the losses by the Sabres.

USATSI_15614064.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

This might be your last chance, Ralph.

Wash er nope not washed why bother rinsing just repeat...

39 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Kind of.  

West side tradition:  Sunday sauce, sugo, is made from scratch on Saturday.    Same with Lasagna.   Needs a full day for flavors to blend.  

Thursday evening spaghetti with sweet sauce can be made that day.  

Absolutely.  Lasagna is best if it has a chance to sit.  That's how my wife does it (she made it Friday for yesterday) and she learned that from her grandmother, who came here straight from Italy.  🙂

Lasagna is the meal I have on my birthday and the one my son has on his birthday.  His birthday was Thursday but he had a hockey game.  So be it.

Also, I guess I will watch this game. I'm going to hate myself for it perhaps even more than I do the next morning when I hate myself for having just one more drink the night before.

• Like (+1) 1

I have never been one to hope for a Sabres' loss. I struggled with the tank year pretty badly. As for today, I want them to get absolutely destroyed. Krueger needs to go in the worst way. Three straight embarrassing losses to the same team should be enough to send him packing in my opinion. I want to enjoy watching this team again. A new coach, whoever it may be, would make the rest of the season palatable.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Agree except on Thompson. I think he is worse than whoever and I’ve actually written him off as an NHLer. If I’m wrong so be it but I see a healthy AHL career forthcoming for the man 

I think he has a better case of “I’ve been jerked around” than most. 

This is a guy who hadn’t played hockey for more than a year. And their plan for him was to throw him into the fire on the first line against Caps best players, with an ailing Eichel, demote him partway through the second game, bench him after three games and basically let him rot away in the press box ever since?

Every thing leading up to the first game said “we believe in you and you are part of this team moving forward.” Everything since has said “you are Dustin Tokarski.”

He has gotten his body to the net better than most on a team that really needs that. He doesn’t “deserve” to be playing, but he’s not alone in that. He hasn’t been used as a prod to keep the other slackers honest and he hasn’t been allowed to work his way back from his layoff or develop as hockey player. 

He’s been put on a shelf.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

If I could give Johansson a piece of advice it would be....

This is your big shot JJ!

Shut down the Isles and show people you can play in the NHL or allow 5 more and head back to Sweden next year where you will probably have a nice little career in the B league. 

Edited by Norcal

I think, at this point, I would prefer to put Cozens at the 2C with Skinner and Reinhart and move Olofsson to the top line.  Put Staal in at 3C, drop Okposo and figure out which of Lazar/Eakin are going to play wing for a bit.

I like Bryson, but pairing him with Montour almost assuredly means that pairing will get caved in when they are on the ice.  I would put Bryson with Risto.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, LTS said:

Absolutely.  Lasagna is best if it has a chance to sit.  That's how my wife does it (she made it Friday for yesterday) and she learned that from her grandmother, who came here straight from Italy.  🙂

Lasagna is the meal I have on my birthday and the one my son has on his birthday.  His birthday was Thursday but he had a hockey game.  So be it.

Also, I guess I will watch this game. I'm going to hate myself for it perhaps even more than I do the next morning when I hate myself for having just one more drink the night before.

My birthday is today (78) and my son in law happens to be a chef. Guess where I'm having dinner! Question should I watch Sabres before dinner or skip it so my stomach is good to eat.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just now, Radar said:

My birthday is today (78) and my son in law happens to be a chef. Guess where I'm having dinner! Question should I watch Sabres before dinner or skip it so my stomach is good to eat.

Happy Birthday!  78?  Well done.  Here's to many more!

Gotta be nice having a child who's a chef... what's his specialty?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

This is a guy who hadn’t played hockey for more than a year. And their plan for him was to throw him into the fire on the first line against Caps best players, with an ailing Eichel, demote him partway through the second game, bench him after three games and basically let him rot away in the press box ever since?

Every thing leading up to the first game said “we believe in you and you are part of this team moving forward.” Everything since has said “you are Dustin Tokarski.”

He has gotten his body to the net better than most on a team that really needs that. He doesn’t “deserve” to be playing, but he’s not alone in that. He hasn’t been used as a prod to keep the other slackers honest and he hasn’t been allowed to work his way back from his layoff or develop as hockey player. 

I think if every single viewing I had of him didn't result in me thinking "this guy can barely skate and turns it over endlessly to *literally* no one revealing terrible hockey sense* I'd have more of a positive opinion. 

I agree with the points you've made but again with other topics lately it's about the extent to which Thompson looks like a fish out of water, to me. Far outstripping allowable grace for the factors you've laid out. 

He looks awkward at all times 

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

Happy birthday!

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Happy Birthday!  78?  Well done.  Here's to many more!

Gotta be nice having a child who's a chef... what's his specialty?

Thanks. Specialty? Whatever comes forth from kitchen. Never had a disappointment yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Nobody puts baby on a shelf.

35 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Been skiing since 8:30. Heading home around 1:30. Anyone think Kruger will be fired before I get home?

This is a game day thread and I have nothing to say about the game.  We will most likely lose again today.  The team will then travel home from Long Island.  RK might get sacked later this evening.   It’s very possible.  

If not today it’s just a matter of time.  It is sad to see yet another coach not even last 3 seasons.  Incredible that we can be this dysfunctional.   Then again, how could JBot ever think this was a good hire?  Remember the media reports of Ralph coming to Buffalo and going out into the city to essentially interview the city?   A guy with very little NHL experience, completely out of the game of hockey for over 6 years, and he was unsure about coming here.    

Firing RK is inevitable but is not to be celebrated. It just confirms the deep seated problems in the organization.   Good luck finding a proven NHL coach.  It will be interesting to see what the next steps are.  

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

His contract should immediately have allowed him to go to Rochester (who picks that up on waivers?) and get back to where he was last season -- playing well at the AHL-level so he could hone his game with top line minutes. Instead, as you say, he got pre-season UBI Eichel and new-to-team Hall and a mess. And now, how is he hoping to develop with no game play?

12 minutes ago, Radar said:

Happy birthday!

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Radar said:

Happy Birthday 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Let the Barzal ballwashing begin 

Lets GO Boys!!!!!!!

Well, based on that goal yesterday and that when gets the puck he makes things happen for the Isles... rightfully so. We don't have anyone playing like that this season. Maybe if Reino were to do another backhand catch/flip just under the bar.

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Well, based on that goal yesterday and that when gets the puck he makes things happen for the Isles... rightfully so. We don't have anyone playing like that this season. Maybe if Reino were to do another backhand catch/flip just under the bar.

One of em actually said he thought he fanned on it since he didn't elevate the puck so it wasn't a total wash, just a gentle scrub lol

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.