GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC

Doohickie

• Doohickie changed the title to GDT: 3/7/21 Sabres @ Islanders 11:00 am CT (Noon ET) NBC
  • nfreeman pinned this topic
18 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It is a cool but sunny morning in Buffalo and I plan on taking a ride in the car around noon and will be listening to anything but the game.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™ll check in around 3 or 4 to see how things went! Ā  See you later. Ā šŸ˜Š

Enjoy your day šŸŗ

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Go grab some super-early groceries for tonight's lasagna, grind up some coffee, and it'll practically be time for a hockey. Ooooh, it's national media day! They'll be politer than the Rangers post-game guy, but what they don't say will speak volumes. And of course, hopefully they aren't just laughing outright.

The season is over. Ā Another loss to NYI is coming. Ā I think this could be RKā€™s last game. Ā 

45 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Go grab some super-early groceries for tonight's lasagna, grind up some coffee, and it'll practically be time for a hockey. Ooooh, it's national media day! They'll be politer than the Rangers post-game guy, but what they don't say will speak volumes. And of course, hopefully they aren't just laughing outright.

I makeĀ Sunday Lasagna on Saturday. Ā 
Ā 

National media day? Ā  Is that real?Ā 

Edited by Pimlach

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The season is over. Ā Another loss to NYI is coming. Ā I think this could be RKā€™s last game. Ā 

I makes Sunday Lasagna on Saturday. Ā 

All days are lasagna days in our heart. It's an NBC broadcast it all, so all the USA markets can soak in our Sabres hockey greatness and witness our extreme motivation and cohesive defensive system.

NBC staffers shouldĀ be telling the refs "we neeeeed viewers and goals.... call 50 penalties today."

28 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I makes Sunday Lasagna on Saturday. Ā 
Ā 

So on Saturday the lasagna is in quarantine? No touchy? You are a genius.

Iā€™d like to get Cozens in at centre soon. Itā€™s a lost season and thatā€™s something thatā€™s really important to get on track. As a comparison Dach moved to C for the Hawks around 25 games into last season.Ā 

Reinhart ended up at W and Casey looks to be headed that way, the franchise is best off ifĀ Cozens ends up at C long term, so Iā€™m eager to see signs thatā€™s a likely result.Ā 

• Like (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So on Saturday the lasagna is in quarantine? No touchy? You are a genius.

Kind of. Ā 
Ā 

West side tradition:Ā Ā Sunday sauce, sugo, is madeĀ from scratch on Saturday. Ā Ā  Same with Lasagna. Ā  Needs a full day for flavors to blend. Ā 
Ā 

Thursday evening spaghetti with sweet sauce can be made that day. Ā 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Iā€™d like to get Cozens in at centre soon. Itā€™s a lost season and thatā€™s something thatā€™s really important to get on track. As a comparison Dach moved to C for the Hawks around 25 games into last season.Ā 

Reinhart ended up at W and Casey looks to be headed that way, the franchise is best off ifĀ Cozens ends up at C long term, so Iā€™m eager to see signs thatā€™s a likely result.Ā 

Yep. Not just for development, but because theĀ current structure of 2 scoring (Staal and Eichel) lines and 2 checking lines (Eakin and Lazar) isnā€™t cutting it. Definition of stupid and all that.

Time to start playing Casey, TageĀ and Henri too. The latter two havenā€™t exactly distinguished themselves, but if they are part of the future, letā€™s see what they can do. And itā€™s not like they have beenĀ significantly worse than the guys they will be replacing have been.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

All of this daytime hockey really sucks.

I'll be glad to get a night game back!

Come on Islanders! Ā Deliver one more mercy kill and get this over with.

There's a chance Krueger will be fired tomorrow after today's loss.

LET'S GET IT OVER WITH!
Ā 

Ā 

Just now, dudacek said:

Yep. Not just for development, but because theĀ current structure of 2 scoring (Staal and Eichel) lines and the 2 checking lines (Eakin and Lazar) isnā€™t cutting it. Definition of stupid and all that.

Time to start playing Casey, TageĀ and Henri too. The latter two havenā€™t exactly distinguished themselves, but if they are part of the future, letā€™s see what they can do. And itā€™s not like they have beenĀ significantly worse than the guys they will be replacing have been.

Agree except on Thompson. I think he is worse than whoever and Iā€™ve actually written him off as an NHLer. If Iā€™m wrong so be it but I see a healthy AHL career forthcoming for the manĀ 

Will this be the too little too late, huge all outĀ effort game?Ā 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Agree except on Thompson. I think he is worse than whoever and Iā€™ve actually written him off as an NHLer. If Iā€™m wrong so be it but I see a healthy AHL career forthcoming for the manĀ 

If he can harness that shot he will be a 20 goal scorer every year in Roch

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.