Matthew Tkachuk goal of the year

SDS

The amazing thing about that goal is how you have to watch it six times before you see every part that makes it so impressive. 

The first time, I missed who scored it.  The second time, I realized which player it was, but thought "did he just do what I think he did?"  Third time, I confirmed that it was back between his legs, but noticed the whole bench start to come over.  Fourth time, I verified that it was in overtime.  Fifth time was just because it was cool to see in slow motion close up.  It wasn't until the sixth time that I noticed there were only two seconds left in overtime after what should have been the last shot was blocked.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's not impossible. I used to bulls-eye womp rats from between my legs with 1.4 seconds remaining in OT at a target not any bigger than two meters.

That’s OT. This goal chronologically is the prequels

2 minutes ago, Ice Cold said:

What people seem to not be getting is that Barzal's goal sucked.  He flubbed it.  He was just plain lucky.  He should quit hockey.

Here is how you do it.

Nah. Both Barzal and Barkovs goals, they had possession and were able to slow down and make their moves. 

The Tkachuk goal, he was cutting through the zone at full speed and made his play. He wins. AND it was in OT with 1 second left. There’s not really any comparison. 

37 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Maybe I/we don't get it. Were you nominating a goal from this season to go up against Barzal's?

No. Completely coincidental. It was on my Sabres Twitter feed because a reporter mentioned both and this one blew my mind. I probably would not have seen it without Barzal’s. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What year is it?

Has Covid happened or not.

If not, I'm taking this mask off.

It’s 2026, and the Sabres are defending their title against the Kraken. 

mRNA has shown that it exacerbates issues with people with autoimmune diseases. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.