GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

2 hours ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I think today and tomorrow’s games will show how the players feel about Ralph. I’m thinking we see more of the same and he gets fired Monday

^ This.  And it will be yet another indictment on the core players of this team.  And not one decent coach will want to come here either.  

I will be cheering for wins because that is what I do.  The Islanders are too good, and too disciplined, to lose to this sorry team.  Ralph will be gone next week sometime.  

The core players who have seen the revolving door at Head Coach can think about that again.  They will probably have to deal with an interim coach for the remaining games.  I hope these spoiled pussies don’t kill that person too, whoever it is.   I doubt veteran coaches like Gallant, Boudreau, and Julien will want to join the fray at this time.  

when does this get better?   Who really wants to work for Adams or Kim?  

I prefer an interim coach for now because I am hoping that they hire a veteran Hockey Operations guy to clean mess this up and convince a real coach it’s ok to come here.   They MUST bring in credible people and not hope that a shiny new unknown is going to make a difference.  Just get this wretched organization back to competitive and respectable, that would be a step in the right direction.  

Clearly, there are no oil wells to drill, and even if there are the free spending approach does not work.  We were far better with payroll restrictions and a crappy dressing room.  

Common sense Hockey Management, by real hockey  people, that is what I want.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Possibly one of the more fascinating games in recent memory. The timing of Adams' presser and some of his comments suggest this is make or break for the coach. How the players respond is less a reflection of anything the coach can do or say right now and more a reflection of how they feel about him. The die is cast. But whose fate is really on the line here? Who do you punish if the players have zero response to a direct challenge laid down by the GM?

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Possibly one of the more fascinating games in recent memory. The timing of Adams' presser and some of his comments suggest this is make or break for the coach. How the players respond is less a reflection of anything the coach can do or say right now and more a reflection of how they feel about him. The die is cast. But whose fate is really on the line here? Who do you punish if the players have zero response to a direct challenge laid down by the GM?

I hope this isn’t the case. No one’s coaching job should be determined by one or two pucks that glance off of a defenseman‘s shin pads or a shot that hits the post. Either he is the right coach or he is not. Everything says right now that he is not. Random fluctuations should not change that.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.