GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

Shake the bottle... Send a message... Get a hunch... Move a bunch... Got nothing to lose, Adams... Send the top two Sabres lines to Rochester, including Eichel... and bring up the top two Amerk lines... Send Dahlin down and bring up their top Defensman... Let ‘em whine, let their Agents howl... Let ’em stew for a couple weeks... Hell, ship out Kroger and bring up Appert... This season is already lost...

46 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Let’s be honest. I hate the Leafs but Auston is a far better player than Jack and only getting better. And Jack wasn’t even close to a league mvp. He’s nowhere near as good as 97 either.
I wanted to love Jack but he’s never given me the fuzzies. He’s simply not a generational player. 97 was it! Sadly 

Matthews will go on stretches where he can't buy a goal, and looks invisible. When Jack was at his peak last year, you couldn't have convinced me to trade him for Auston. 

Why was no time out taken? I would have done it after their second goal. Would have been fine after the third.

And yes, I think it would have helped.

Also, where was the feistiness at the end of the game? Good teams who believe they can win every once in a while would have been a little chippy at the end, knowing they were going to play again tomorrow.

They ***** suck.

This sucks!

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Why was no time out taken? I would have done it after their second goal. Would have been fine after the third.

And yes, I think it would have helped.

Also, where was the feistiness at the end of the game? Good teams who believe they can win every once in a while would have been a little chippy at the end, knowing they were going to play again tomorrow.

They ***** suck.

This sucks!

This team is way beyond all that sort of thing.

Their play today shouts out "We want Ralph fired tomorrow!" even if they all seem to really like him in their post game interviews.

38 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

This team is way beyond all that sort of thing.

Their play today shouts out "We want Ralph fired tomorrow!" even if they all seem to really like him in their post game interviews.

This screams spineless. Someone needs to say this system isn’t working. The fans see the results. The players look to be unsure, confused, unable to do the simplest things. What should be second nature at this point for most of these guys becomes a task that makes them second guess themselves. Anyways get a hockey coach in here. Ralph isn’t that.

28 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

This screams spineless. Someone needs to say this system isn’t working. The fans see the results. The players look to be unsure, confused, unable to do the simplest things. What should be second nature at this point for most of these guys becomes a task that makes them second guess themselves. Anyways get a hockey coach in here. Ralph isn’t that.

Staal already said this days ago. The most senior person on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:54 PM, Believer said:

Shake the bottle... Send a message... Get a hunch... Move a bunch... Got nothing to lose, Adams... Send the top two Sabres lines to Rochester, including Eichel... and bring up the top two Amerk lines... Send Dahlin down and bring up their top Defensman... Let ‘em whine, let their Agents howl... Let ’em stew for a couple weeks... Hell, ship out Kroger and bring up Appert... This season is already lost...

So what do the Sabres do after Eichel, Reinhart Olofsson and Dahlin are all claimed off waivers? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Fanatics of sports are the most glaring example of high emotion dropping the ability to reason and logically, critically think. And to take into account long-term repercussions. It certainly doesn’t take it away… But it drastically drops the ability to do those things. At least on a temporary basis. 

ie. FIRE EVERYONE!!!

Rrrrraaawww!!!

YiXG.gif

33 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

So what do the Sabres do after Eichel, Reinhart Olofsson and Dahlin are all claimed off waivers? 

I don’t think the “send all of them to Rochester “ poster knows about that waivers thingy. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/6/2021 at 11:54 PM, Believer said:

In NHL there are waivers. If you sent those players to Rochester they would all be exposed on waivers meaning any team could claim them for nothing. Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Hall, Olofsson, Staal and Dahlin would all get claimed. The Sabres would then get NOTHING for them other than cap space and that's useless to this team currently. This would handicap the Sabres for another decade. 

Edited by LGR4GM

On 3/8/2021 at 8:30 AM, LGR4GM said:

In NHL there are waivers. If you sent those players to Rochester they would all be exposed on waivers meaning any team could claim them for nothing. Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Hall, Olofsson, Staal and Dahlin would all get claimed. The Sabres would then get NOTHING for them other than cap space and that's useless to this team currently. This would handicap the Sabres for another decade. 

Thanks for the waiver education... Bad idea... 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.