GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

4 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I’m sorry. We got held scoreless all last weekend. The last 2 games we’ve scored 2 goals. Sometimes I forget that there’s a lot of nerds in here 

It's all good. I shouldn't pick on you.  My secret is out.  I'm a jerk.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, rickshaw said:

Jack has 6 points 5 on 5. He gets the most ice time. He plays with skilled guys. He is far from carrying this team in his back like he should. 
Skinner is so streaky that he could literally be tied in goals with Jack next game. 

I’d strip that “C” off his chest pronto. Bo Horvat has a “C” on his chest and has 17 points. 6g 6a 5on5. He leads. And he’s not a supposed superstar.

Its over. They are finishing last for sure this year. And if they don’t, shame on the Wings and any other team. 

Right. I said in my post he hasn’t been good. My point is he’s still been producing more relative to most on this team.

We can talk about his failings without writing off everything just because. I also hesitate to dismiss all his points as “secondary assists” - look at his secondary assist today, it was a key part of that goal 

The essence was a comparison to Skinner, who Jack has vastly outstripped 

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Right. I said in my post he hasn’t been good. My point is he’s still been producing more relative to most on this team.

We can talk about his failings without writing off everything just because. I also hesitate to dismiss all his points as “secondary assists” - look at his secondary assist today, it was a key part of that goal 

The essence was a comparison to Skinner, who Jack has vastly outstripped 

So, are we to assume that there are no more Eichel fans?

Last season, people here said he was the league MVP and we got the better of the McDavid choice along with being waaaay better than the disappearing Austin Matthews.

Now Jack should filling water bottles? 🤷🏻

• Like (+1) 1

I'm still pro-Eichel, but I'm not sure he is captain material. I can only imagine how frustrated he must be and feel bad for him. He wanted to come to Buffalo and he has been dealt a crap hand thanks to the Pegulas hiring only non experienced people to run the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Well to answer your question no, math is not my strong suit..

Nor is it Dan Dunleavy's. When it was 4-1 today he said the Sabres were looking to cut the lead in half. And when they scored that's exactly what he said they did.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

The Sabres have 34 more games to play this season.

THIRTY FOUR.

That is a LOT of hockey when the product is this bad.

It's beyond embarrassing now.

It didn't look like this in the tank years.

At least it’s not an 82 game season.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SDS said:

Last season, people here said he was the league MVP and we got the better of the McDavid choice along with being waaaay better than the disappearing Austin Matthews.

Now Jack should filling water bottles? 🤷🏻

Let’s be honest. I hate the Leafs but Auston is a far better player than Jack and only getting better. And Jack wasn’t even close to a league mvp. He’s nowhere near as good as 97 either.
I wanted to love Jack but he’s never given me the fuzzies. He’s simply not a generational player. 97 was it! Sadly 

Edited by rickshaw
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm going to be blunt. Eichel sucks. Not only is he quitting on offensive plays, he's a defensive liability. He's checked out, he doesn't care, whatever the excuse, he's crap and so, as a team built around him and supposedly led by him we as a team also suck. If Tortorella was our coach he'd be benched,

The entire team is clearly delusional. I like some aspects of Bryson's game, he has real potential (but I can already see it, we're going to rush him in and ruin him) and it was nice he got his first NHL goal but in the intermission interview down 4-1 "we're playing a pretty good game" is some sort of alternative reality I'm clearly not part of.. Either the kid is incredibly dumb (which I doubt very much) or this is the positive crap they're being fed in the locker room and it is the most unbelievable rubbish ever. If that was a "pretty good game" the bar is so low it's submerged in the swamp. 

How much are we paying Montour? Whatever it is, it's too much. 

This team sucks so bad.

Barzel goal was sick. Unfortunately for us it'll probably make the plays of the year reel. Aren't Hall and Eichel supposed to be the ones dazzling us with that sort of thing?  What a draft year that was, and now I'm not sure we even got the 2nd best player in it. Such a pile of crap this team. 

The “ we’re playing a pretty good game “ shite is the crap Ralph feeds them between periods and before the game. He’s set the bar so low with these guys trying to pump them up. How a gm and the team owners can let this swarmy llama ding ***** anywhere near this team is beyond me. He’s quite literally a fraud. Get rid of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.