GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

Ray just said "once again, can't blame the goalie on that". 

Sorry, no - once you start getting to 5 goals... you can expect your goalie to save a couple. He's not THE problem but he's a problem today. 

Cause Hutton isn't good. We know that 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Hey, were you the one who did The Charts?  I'd love see how this season compares to others.

Yes, I was.  I stopped when it became too painful - not in the tank years, but a couple after that.  I may have to dig out at least the Sabres historical one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sorry, no - once you start getting to 5 goals... you can expect your goalie to save a couple. He's not THE problem but he's a problem today. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I can blame him for his performance overall. he wasn't terrible - he wasn't good. You want good from a player not "not terrible" 

And this is the greater point, Thorny. Nicely said. This game is not just on Hutton, far from it. That said, you go in with one hand tied behind your back knowing that he is more likely than not to give you a subpar performance. That seems to be lost on some.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Hutton is the master of playing games in which you can't necessarily say any specific goal is 100% his fault, yet once again you need 6+ goals to win with him in haha

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

What's lame, Promo, is that you are the biggest homer on both this forum and on TBD. You see very little objectively. This team and its 'decision making' are not beyond criticism. If you look forward to watching Carter Hutton play, have at it. Nobody can objectively think that the Sabres are winning with him in net. I don't feel that way with Ullmark. He at least has the ability to steal a game behind this crappy D. Hutton does not.

I don't know what you're reading. But where have I stood up for this team? By saying it's not on the goalie? I'm just responding to simplistic takes looking at the end result. The Sabres need to be blown up. They need a new regime. But I'm not in favor of a sale unless it's guaranteed that it's a local group as committed to Buffalo as the Pegulas. (Which is a lot to ask for.)

Oh, how's my Bills homerism looking now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.