GDT: 3/6/21 Sabres @ Islanders 12:30 p.m. MSG

Claude Balls

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

How many wins do they have?

If you mean he's probably not affecting them in a WAR sense, not enough to make up difference there, I see what you are saying. But if he's hurt and could do lasting damage I don't want him playing regardless.

If it's a pain tolerance thing, and he can't make it worse, I guess it's up to the player. I'd only take him out if I could replace him seamlessly, or I thought the player was pushing the pain limit. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Finished up my fat burning, kind of feel good. Went to the kitchen to get a nice glass of water and.....my daughter left the ergo waffles out, on a plate, with the toaster still warm....she's my devil spawn.

Sir.....step away from the waffles

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Are you doing the "NYI goal = 100 sit ups" "NYI shot = set of 20 squats"  ?

Lol, I'm 50 with a bulging hernia, I've done 100 squats, 50 sit ups, 50 push ups (ok, ok, there half ups, but still)

All the damn weight went to mid section and love handles, this will take a bit.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Are you doing the "NYI goal = 100 sit ups" "NYI shot = set of 20 squats"  ?

NYI shot = 2 squats, NYI goal = 10  sit-ups.  You don't want to send him to the hospital, do you?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I’m not sure what is more depressing:

Thursday’s game when nobody tried and we got completely embarrassed?

Or today’s when most of them are trying and we are still getting completely embarrassed?

If we think they are trying harder today it's an indictment on the players, regardless of coach, but I'm not sure if that's what's happening. 

3 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I don't disagree but has he ever made a save when they needed one, regardless of the defense? He is completely inept. He's the proverbial screen door on a submarine. You feel you have no chance with him, even if this team could score. 

Yes! Yes he has! Sorry but this is the lamest take. "Gotta make a save" is right when your team has one or two brain farts in a game. When your team has 20 in a period, guess what? The problem isn't your goalie.

• Like (+1) 3

Small positive - getting obliterated by the Islanders, Flyers, Capitals etc. this season will be instant-bulletin board material for whoever is around to try and turn things around next year. Imagine a fresh new leaf, new coaching staff, new players, with just enough of the old ones around to tell them what it was like to be embarrassed night after night after night in a scheduling format that was conducive to things like this Islanders series happening. 

I have vague memories of Bruins players, at the beginning of their ascent in the late 2000s and early 2010s mention that it was nice to finally beat up on a sabres team that had spent a few years overshadowing them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes! Yes he has! Sorry but this is the lamest take. "Gotta make a save" is right when your team has one or two brain farts in a game. When your team has 20 in a period, guess what? The problem isn't your goalie.

What's lame, Promo, is that you are the biggest homer on both this forum and on TBD. You see very little objectively. This team and its 'decision making' are not beyond criticism. If you look forward to watching Carter Hutton play, have at it. Nobody can objectively think that the Sabres are winning with him in net. I don't feel that way with Ullmark. He at least has the ability to steal a game behind this crappy D. Hutton does not.

11 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Tomorrow at 12: we will witness the same thing.  There is not even the slightest doubt about it.  Ralph will be gone Monday.  KA backed himself into a corner now.  Call Gallant.  It’s the obvious right thing to do. Nobody else available with his track record.  At least get competitive.  This is absurd. 

It might wait until Wednesday after Philly... last game of the road swing.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And Jack will never volunteer to rest.  That's why they need to shut him down.

Jack is in a damned if you do or damned if you don’t situation, he plays hurt and social media says he doesn’t give a ***** anymore and wants to be traded 

If he sits out, social media will say he is not a team player, doesn’t care and wants to be traded.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.