Poll Regarding Kevyn Adams

Kruppstahl

Poll: Was Kevyn Adams being honest about his termination authority?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Kevyn Adams said he has authority to fire Ralph Krueger, and final say to make all hockey related decisions in the organization. Do you believe him?

• Yes, I believe Adams. He can fire Ralph Krueger if he wants and has ultimate hockey related authority in the organization.
    • No, I don't believe Adams. I'll believe he can fire Krueger when I see it.

I still don't understand why people think Ralph has power? He was a JBot hire and he will be let go, just a question of whether or not it's earlier than later but he won't be the coach next year. They will likely attempt to sell us on the usual new coach crap for a new year. Adams hires his coach and if he fails maybe another or maybe him and his coach go, it's a tired tune. 

• Like (+1) 1

There’s no way Adams *literally* has final say. Pegula is his boss. Adams has final say, sure... if he’s employed.  

The subtext here...I really don’t think this is revealing anything at all about the specific dynamic between the Pegulas and KA. It’s about whether KA has authority over the positions generally considered to be below the GM. That’s a question that needed to be asked and was, whether Terry and Kim have final final say is I think beyond question.  

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I still don't understand why people think Ralph has power? He was a JBot hire and he will be let go, just a question of whether or not it's earlier than later but he won't be the coach next year. They will likely attempt to sell us on the usual new coach crap for a new year. Adams hires his coach and if he fails maybe another or maybe him and his coach go, it's a tired tune. 

Presumably a Grima Wormtongue situation where Ralph has the delusional owner’s ear (Theoden) and Eomer, played by Adams, who should be in charge, gets beaten aside. 

Seemed plausible to me given Ralph’s rep as a talker, at least until Eomer’s comments today.

- - -

If Adams didn’t have the power to fire Krueger, it more likely would just be a reflection of a flat management structure.

But I wanted to use a Lord of the Rings analogy, so.

Edited by Thorny

To me, the issue I have with Adams is not just with the coach, but the players.  Do I want him to have the power to fire the coach? sure, but what about moving players, even 'star' players if you have a good offer on the table. 

This team doesn't just need a coach, it needs a LOT of player turnover, and not just at the bottom.

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Presumably a Grima Wormtongue situation where Ralph has the delusional owner’s ear (Theoden) and Eomer, played by Adams, who should be in charge, gets beaten aside. 

Seemed plausible to me given Ralph’s rep as a talker, at least until Eomer’s comments today.

- - -

If Adams didn’t have the power to fire Krueger, it more likely would just be a reflection of a flat management structure.

But I wanted to use a Lord of the Rings analogy, so.

powerless 20 GIF

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.