Sabres Practice Lines 3/5/20

Brawndo

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Great, lets scratch the young dmen for a couple journeymen.....

Certainly should help offensively....

Honestly, with the way they are playing...it almost feels like addition by subtraction.  Joki was not as bad last night, but his normal and quietly effective game has been replaced by a string of mistakes and blown coverages.  Dahlin's game was especially bad last night and I see no signs of consistent improvement.  Right now it feels like they're going with the lesser of the evils....sad!

So let's see. He can't make forward lines.  He can't see why a couple of his defence pairings were working before the injuries and can't adjust.  Any other incompetencies which I might be missing?

Never thought I'd be saying this, but based on what I've seen Mittelstadt deserves to play.

IMO, Sam and Victor are the only guys that score, and Sheahan, Lazar and Rieder are working hard killing penalties and generally doing their jobs.

No other veterans are even close to fulfilling their roles.

It seems like Ralph has been locked into Miller, Montour, Eakin, Staal and Okposo because they are veterans and Dahlin, Risto (who looks like he just battled COVID), Skinner (benching aside) Hall and Eichel because they are Dahlin, Risto, Skinner, Hall and Eichel.

The Hall Eichel Cozens unit is an interesting wrinkle, but he has kept rolling out the same basic skeleton, loss after loss.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LTS said:

Nothing so far has helped.  So why not?

Just a tad worried it will make Dahlin even more self-conscious. The kid is already looking overwhelmed by having to think 50 things a second in this system. Benching him could easily break his spirit further. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hall---Eichel---Cozens

Skinner---Staal---Reinhart 

This is pretty much all I want to see the rest of the season.  

Do whatever you want with the bottom 6.  But Olofsson should not be a top 6 forward.  PP1 yes.  He will be a nice 3rd or 4th line player on a playoff team that can play occasional top line minutes.  Nothing more.  

Edited by Second Line Center

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.