OK Mr. Adams, Do Something Already!

GASabresIUFAN

That video series at the time of the draft looks pretty silly now. Kevin and Ralph and the Pegulas had it all figured out. After 10 years of ineptitude they rode into town and were going to turn it all around. It was so simple. FAIL !

Edited by bunomatic
I screwed up
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

Adams doesn’t have a spine either. Just a bunch of spineless, no talent ***** in this organization. We deserve better but we’ll keep showing up. We’ll keep buying the overpriced jerseys. We’ll keep watching this shitshow because it’s all we know 

Maybe you will, maybe many will, but I won't. I've been a Sabres fan for about 45 years but I'm just about done. I didn't bother with an NHL TV package this year. Still own 1 jersey but wouldn't buy a new anything even if it's on sale. Don't live in Buffalo so tickets aren't an issue but I won't go see them in Vancouver or Seattle. I almost nod off in games now. Losing more and more interest. It's pointless.

I'm giving this off season a chance, but if we go into next year with this same "core"  I am seriously considering dropping them for good. 

Too old to really embrace a new team, although I might try Seattle since they're close to my home. Probably not though, just casually watch good games. We shall see. 

It's sad that last year we had "JBot do something"  and now here we are again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, bunomatic said:

That video series at the time of the draft looks pretty silly now. Kevin and Ralph and the Pegulas had it all figured out. After 10 years of ineptitude they rode into town and were going to turn it all around. It was so simple. FAIL !

"we got him? we got matt irwin?" 

🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

The thread title says that Adams should do something, i.e., fire Ralph.

The funny thing is I am not sure that is how it is going to work out.

I am not convinced our GM is superior to Ralph on the corporate flow chart or that he has the power to fire the HC.

I think Ralph is running the show, and it's not hard to whisper lies into the ear of Terry Pegula.

So Ralph's firing may be delayed.

I still think he doesn't survive this Islander 3 game suite.

19 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

The thread title says that Adams should do something, i.e., fire Ralph.

The funny thing is I am not sure that is how it is going to work out.

I am not convinced our GM is superior to Ralph on the corporate flow chart or that he has the power to fire the HC.

I think Ralph is running the show, and it's not hard to whisper lies into the ear of Terry Pegula.

So Ralph's firing may be delayed.

I still think he doesn't survive this Islander 3 game suite.

I agree that RK and KA are probably equal in power and authority. If RK is fired it most likely will not be at KA say. I think Krueger is a problem but the bigger problem is at the top. The hockey operation is , I fear, not going to change without the hiring of an experienced hockey guy to oversee with authority the whole operation. We've changed coaches and GM's. The problem is who our owners hire and whether they want to continue to oversee hockey operation. I'm convinced that's the problem.

1 minute ago, Radar said:

I agree that RK and KA are probably equal in power and authority. If RK is fired it most likely will not be at KA say. I think Krueger is a problem but the bigger problem is at the top. The hockey operation is , I fear, not going to change without the hiring of an experienced hockey guy to oversee with authority the whole operation. We've changed coaches and GM's. The problem is who our owners hire and whether they want to continue to oversee hockey operation. I'm convinced that's the problem.

I would imagine any President of Hockey Operations hire would have full unchallenged authority to make the moves necessary to right the ship.

That would mean all roster decisions, who stays to build around, who goes. And an unfettered time frame. Could you imagine that conversation?

Hockey Ops Pres: "Terry, Kim, this is who is staying, this is who is going."

Terry, Kim: "But...."

Hockey Ops Pres: "NO BUTS!"

😄

There's an old expression "The fish stinks from the head".  Adams is powerless to do anything including talking to the media.  The Pegula's are in charge and they don't trust anybody but themselves, KA and RK.  Until they can turn over a new leaf and learn to "trust" and hire competent management, we're stuck having to smell this awful product.

42 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I would imagine any President of Hockey Operations hire would have full unchallenged authority to make the moves necessary to right the ship.

That would mean all roster decisions, who stays to build around, who goes. And an unfettered time frame. Could you imagine that conversation?

Hockey Ops Pres: "Terry, Kim, this is who is staying, this is who is going."

Terry, Kim: "But...."

Hockey Ops Pres: "NO BUTS!"

😄

I'm not sure that the Pegulas are ready to abide by that.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

There's an old expression "The fish stinks from the head".  Adams is powerless to do anything including talking to the media.  The Pegula's are in charge and they don't trust anybody but themselves, KA and RK.  Until they can turn over a new leaf and learn to "trust" and hire competent management, we're stuck having to smell this awful product.

And they will eventually lose their shrinking fan base. I can't believe they can continue to peddle this to paying customers.

14 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe you will, maybe many will, but I won't. I've been a Sabres fan for about 45 years but I'm just about done. I didn't bother with an NHL TV package this year. Still own 1 jersey but wouldn't buy a new anything even if it's on sale. Don't live in Buffalo so tickets aren't an issue but I won't go see them in Vancouver or Seattle. I almost nod off in games now. Losing more and more interest. It's pointless.

I'm giving this off season a chance, but if we go into next year with this same "core"  I am seriously considering dropping them for good. 

Too old to really embrace a new team, although I might try Seattle since they're close to my home. Probably not though, just casually watch good games. We shall see. 

It's sad that last year we had "JBot do something"  and now here we are again. 

I just cancelled my Spectrum TV package this morning because there is nothing left to watch on TV.  It is disgusting that this season was a step backwards for this organization.  Fire Ralph.  Fire Kim.  Make Eichel a player/coach for the rest of the season so we can fire him later too.  I've seen more entertaining and competitive dumpster fires.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

The fish *rots* from the head.

👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.