Rumor: Sabres looking for help to run team

SDS

• SDS pinned this topic

If it's not in a financial sense and it's referencing "help running the team" in terms of managerial decisions, if the wording of the rumour is accurate it has a fairly strong implication that the Pegulas are indeed heavily involved in the day to day 

Just now, IKnowPhysics said:

For all the pissing and moaning about ownership, do not overlook the most important contribution from the Pegulas: financial stability and keeping the team in Buffalo.

That said, I expect that they could retain majority ownership and still make that contribution.

I was hoping it meant president of hockey ops or structured front office of hockey professionals instead of an office full of former Sabres working out of their depths.

• Like (+1) 1

Need more info on this!

What does everyone think this means?

Are they looking for an experienced right hand man Assistant/Associate GM for Adams?

A guy to come take over as GM with Adams moving to a Pres of Hockey type role?

A guy to come into a Pres of Hockey type role?

Honestly, it’s probably a good development either way.

• Like (+1) 1

A good business man knows when he's gotten in over his head and looks for solutions. When he can't find them there is only one option remaining IMO.

I'm not a fan of losing the Pegula's as owners of the Buffalo Sabres. On the other hand the way things are going its become very hard to be a fan at all. I won't call myself a die hard hockey/ Sabre fan and can only imagine how hard its been for many of you.

Buffalo used to be considered a hockey town.

My how times have changed ...

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If it's not in a financial sense and it's referencing "help running the team" in terms of managerial decisions, if the wording of the rumour is accurate it has a fairly strong implication that the Pegulas are indeed heavily involved in the day to day 

At this point, I would say that this is beyond speculation, into the range of high probability, if not certainty.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

So these rumors must imply the type of front office change we beg for, if true?

Not sure. I don't much care for Tim Graham, so I'll take his stuff with a grain of salt as well.

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

I'm not a fan of losing the Pegula's as owners of the Buffalo Sabres.

This rumour does not imply as much.

Help running the team to me means "CEO/COO" — someone to take the grunt work away from Kim and allow her to concentrate on whatever part of the job she enjoys most, as opposed to any kind of hockey czar.

I doubt it means Terry isn't interested any more in being fantasy GM, but we can always hope.

(He does love him some former Penguins and there is one looking for a job)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Curt said:

At this point, I would say that this is beyond speculation, into the range of high probability, if not certainty.

To the level that they have more specific say on roster decisions than Adams and Krueger?

- - - 

asked chad on twitter haha

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.