GDT: 3/4/21 Sabres at NY Islanders 7pm ET

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I didn’t though.  I had really nothing much to work with so I brought in a good damm goalie first. You need a goalie to ever have a chance.   I put a scrappy and tough cast of characters out there while I drafted and acquired top talent.    I made a lot of trades to continually upgrade and added savvy veteran help to teach the younger players, I made some shrewd trades, and I hit on my draft picks.  Perreault, Martin, Ramsay, Hajt, Schoenfeld, Gare, Edwards ...  Three years to the playoffs and five to the Cup with a great talent base accumulated before another heart attack, or two.  It was time to go.  When I left the Aud was loud, and proud, and packed to capacity and hockey was fun.  

Behind every great man is a great woman. How much did Dodo help? I've always wanted to ask. She was a great hockey fan.

EJsPep6XYAAZgq_.png

In the process of finding that image, I found another one that accompanied it in the paper. It's too good not to share. One of the greatest moments in the early days of the franchise and a portent of today...

EJsPep6XkAAa-CC.png

• Thanks (+1) 1
13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Behind every great man is a great woman. How much did Dodo help? I've always wanted to ask. She was a great hockey fan.

EJsPep6XYAAZgq_.png

In the process of finding that image, I found another one that accompanied it in the paper. It's too good not to share. One of the greatest moments in the early days of the franchise and a portent of today...

EJsPep6XkAAa-CC.png

she used to throw a hat on the ice after every hat trick. 

• Like (+1) 1