GDT: 3/4/21 Sabres at NY Islanders 7pm ET

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

They don’t know how. Multiple players in recent interviews have said that they have no answers. They are looking for direction from those above them. 

I know.  I tried to keep the comment short.  I was referring to the team as a collective.

4 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Vegas Nights are a template on how to build a winner....first three years they build a solid team with a vision.  This team has no vision or identity.  

Definitely... But in all fairness, the NHL provided them a quality roster on a silver platter right from the get go, and then they traded some of em' for high picks.  

• Like (+1) 2

Sabres should just have everyone on a one year contract...and I don't mean the players...the coaches...scouts..gm...

Its not like you are likely to lose them to another franchise, who wants anyone that they Sabres can get now?  If everyone was on a one year deal, maybe they would DO SOMETHING or DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT to save their jobs....not just sit on their hands because they had job security (or at least financial security)

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

With each passing game, I become much more aligned with the idea of moving the major pieces. Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, yea, I'm there. And not for draft picks. All 3 would have to be for NHL players. Hall, Staal and Montour can go at the deadline.

And for God's sake, jettison Krueger. I cannot believe the Pegula's are going to let this ***** show continue. It's down right ***** embarrassing. 

For the right price, I would throw Dahlin's name in as well.

• Like (+1) 2
1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Vegas was able to start from scratch. The Sabres are constantly trying to mix and match in perpetuity - players, GMs, coaches, stick boys, pretzel makers, the guy or girl in the Sabretooth suit....

The Pegulas have Adams.  Now to assemble a coaching staff that can get the most out of the team.

• Like (+1) 1
Just now, John Tucker said:

Definitely... But in all fairness, the NHL provided them a quality roster on a silver platter right from the get go, and then they traded some of em' for high picks.  

If Punch Imlach had had that kind of talent to pick from, the Sabres would have won a Cup before the Flyers could start gooning it up.

• Like (+1) 1
1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

If Punch Imlach had had that kind of talent to pick from, the Sabres would have won a Cup before the Flyers could start gooning it up.

No doubt... They'll be doing the exact same thing for Seattle too!

Edited by John Tucker
  • Like (+1) 1
Just now, John Tucker said:

No doubt... They'll doing the exact same thing Seattle too!

Can we engineer a "swap" to send Seattle this current team RIGHT NOW and we'll take the expansion team rights in 2021-2022?  "Seattle Sabres" has a ring to it.

Oh wait a minute, forget it....Botterill part of the Kraken organization....he would have to stay in Seattle.

• Like (+1) 1
2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Waitaminnit, waitaminnit, waitaminnit.  I thought that Skinner was benched for not playing "above the puck."

You can't be an attacking team if you are trying to play low-event hockey above the puck.  I see no push up ice, pressure in the offencive zone, or anything in any game which makes it look like they are trying to be an attacking team.  This sentence is constructed to be as passive as the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1
4 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Can we engineer a "swap" to send Seattle this current team RIGHT NOW and we'll take the expansion team rights in 2021-2022?  "Seattle Sabres" has a ring to it.

Oh wait a minute, forget it....Botterill part of the Kraken organization....he would have to stay in Seattle.

I would bet a boatload of $$ that the Krakers double our win total next year!!

• Like (+1) 1
17 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Except that 65 is probably not going to do it. In our division, Philly is in 4th currently getting almost 66% of available points (almost a 74 point pace).  Even if the Sabres got hot and took some points away from the rest of the division in doing so...it looks like you are going to need at least 70 points to be 'likely' to get that last spot.

For the Sabres..that means playing the rest of the season getting about 78% - 79% of available points...which means they have to play the entire rest of the season as the best team in the NHL.

who cares if they need 65, 70 or 100 pts to make the playoffs.  That ship has sailed.  Not happening.  That means the "season" is over.  Now it's time to evaluate what you have (both kids and vets), set new goals such as getting back to hockey 500 hockey (aka 1 pt per game), see if a new voice can motivate the team and try to build to next year.  Sad but true.

Time for KA to relieve RK of his coaching duties, play the kids, trade vets in hockey deals if possible etc...

• Like (+1) 1
51 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Its funny......nobody is defending Ralphie-boy anymore. A couple weeks ago you had some people still defending him. Where did they go? 

There are still a few just waiting for a win or two so they can pipe up their defense of RK again. But sadly those wins won’t come. Now we just wait for our brain dead owners to finally realize  their head coach is a dead man walking. They will be the last to know. As usual. 

• Like (+1) 1
13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

In 2017 Phil Housley said " “I think the guys will be excited to play the brand of hockey I bring … it’s an attacking mindset, playing with speed, pace and playing fast that’s a five-man attack. We have to play great defense, but if we can get five guys involved in the attack, it puts the odds in your favor.’’  

Maybe the Sabres need to stop dreaming about being an "attacking" team and find another recipe for success.

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

In 2017 Phil Housley said " “I think the guys will be excited to play the brand of hockey I bring … it’s an attacking mindset, playing with speed, pace and playing fast that’s a five-man attack. We have to play great defense, but if we can get five guys involved in the attack, it puts the odds in your favor.’’  

Maybe the Sabres need to stop dreaming about being an "attacking" team and find another recipe for success.

The more I evaluate the rosters and considered their styles, the more I think Housley's style is correct for this team.  That was one of the reasons I wanted Lindy - it is the same system he prefers with a decently skilled team.

32 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

In my dream world Gallant will be named coach by tomorrow night. 

I’d agree but no one in this league with any decent reputation wants anything to do with the Pegulas and this clownshow organization. That’s why they had to settle for RK in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just listened to Krueger talk about Risto... please fire this man. He's a menace. 

3 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I hate Ralph Krueger. I hate him so much

Yup. 

• Like (+1) 1
4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I just listened to Krueger talk about Risto... please fire this man. He's a menace. 

I believe he thinks he comes off as philosophical but it wreaks of arrogance to me.

48 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Not all of that is true. Florida and Minny were key contributors to the success of the Golden Knights. Smith and Marchy from Florida and Tuch and Haula from Minny. A lot of teams made a lot of blunders when handling the expansion list. Come on Theodore from Anaheim. Guy is unbelievable plus you had the motivation that they were pieces nobody wanted. I’m in Vegas so I know firsthand. Been a season seat holder since day 1 and this team plays hard plus players want to play here. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Ralph talks like the ‘ system ‘ is foolproof. Ralph that would mean that every other coach in the league ( or at least in this division ) is not capable of out coaching you or devising a strategy to beat your system. We all know thats an untruth. And in doing so you throw the players under the bus when you say they are having breakdowns in the ‘ system ‘. You put it all on the players shoulders. True the players should shoulder some of the blame but Ralph no coach in this league is infallible and most certainly you . Its obvious you think this losing is below you by your arrogant statements. Get out of town. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • SDS unpinned this topic