GDT: 3/4/21 Sabres at NY Islanders 7pm ET

jsb

So the Sabres are 0-4-1 in their last 5.  This is not unusual for a RK lead Sabres team.

Last season we had streaks of 

0-6, 0-4-2, 1-6-1, 1-4-1

This season

1-3-1, 1-5 and now 0-4-1.

Fire RK now.

With 35 games allegedly to go the Sabres need to 25-5-5 to get to 65 pts and a possible playoff birth.  Obviously this isn't going to happen.  

Step 1) Fire RK

Step 2) Trade assets like Montour and Hall.  

Step 3) Play the kids regardless of resultr.

Step 4) Hire experienced front office personnel

Step 5) Let the new head guy hire an experienced coach.

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

In my dream world Gallant will be named coach by tomorrow night. 

I'm sure he wants another opportunity, but do you really think any coach with past success wants to take over this team....that looks like it might take YEARS to get to the poing of being a cup contender?  I think most of the 'bigger names' would rather just sit out..relax..do tv and radio work....and wait for a better job to open up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm sure he wants another opportunity, but do you really think any coach with past success wants to take over this team....that looks like it might take YEARS to get to the poing of being a cup contender?  I think most of the 'bigger names' would rather just sit out..relax..do tv and radio work....and wait for a better job to open up.

You underestimate their egos

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I never rooted against the tank teams, but you bet your ass I'm rooting against this one. The more embarrassing it gets the better. I hope they all retire. 

Only way to get everyone fired.

Now that I think about it, I've rooted against the Sabres for probably the last 5/10 years, whether for tanking or hoping to get someone fired. 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Only way to get everyone fired.

Now that I think about it, I've rooted against the Sabres for probably the last 5/10 years, whether for tanking or hoping to get someone fired. 

The problem is you can't fire the players. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So the Sabres are 0-4-1 in their last 5.  This is not unusual for a RK lead Sabres team.

Last season we had streaks of 

0-6, 0-4-2, 1-6-1, 1-4-1

This season

1-3-1, 1-5 and now 0-4-1.

Fire RK now.

With 35 games allegedly to go the Sabres need to 25-5-5 to get to 65 pts and a possible playoff birth.  Obviously this isn't going to happen.  

Step 1) Fire RK

Step 2) Trade assets like Montour and Hall.  

Step 3) Play the kids regardless of resultr.

Step 4) Hire experienced front office personnel

Step 5) Let the new head guy hire an experienced coach.

Except that 65 is probably not going to do it. In our division, Philly is in 4th currently getting almost 66% of available points (almost a 74 point pace).  Even if the Sabres got hot and took some points away from the rest of the division in doing so...it looks like you are going to need at least 70 points to be 'likely' to get that last spot.

For the Sabres..that means playing the rest of the season getting about 78% - 79% of available points...which means they have to play the entire rest of the season as the best team in the NHL.

I don't think a new coach is in the cards this season. Still believe you need someone to come in and put this hockey operation in order. Then look at the rest. Just a new coach? Not sure you could get a quality coach in here right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Vegas Nights are a template on how to build a winner....first three years they build a solid team with a vision.  This team has no vision or identity.  

Vegas was able to start from scratch. The Sabres are constantly trying to mix and match in perpetuity - players, GMs, coaches, stick boys, pretzel makers, the guy or girl in the Sabretooth suit....

• Like (+1) 1

With each passing game, I become much more aligned with the idea of moving the major pieces. Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, yea, I'm there. And not for draft picks. All 3 would have to be for NHL players. Hall, Staal and Montour can go at the deadline.

And for God's sake, jettison Krueger. I cannot believe the Pegula's are going to let this ***** show continue. It's down right ***** embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

They don’t know how. Multiple players in recent interviews have said that they have no answers. They are looking for direction from those above them. 

I know.  I tried to keep the comment short.  I was referring to the team as a collective.

4 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Vegas Nights are a template on how to build a winner....first three years they build a solid team with a vision.  This team has no vision or identity.  

Definitely... But in all fairness, the NHL provided them a quality roster on a silver platter right from the get go, and then they traded some of em' for high picks.  

• Like (+1) 2

Sabres should just have everyone on a one year contract...and I don't mean the players...the coaches...scouts..gm...

Its not like you are likely to lose them to another franchise, who wants anyone that they Sabres can get now?  If everyone was on a one year deal, maybe they would DO SOMETHING or DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT to save their jobs....not just sit on their hands because they had job security (or at least financial security)

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

With each passing game, I become much more aligned with the idea of moving the major pieces. Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, yea, I'm there. And not for draft picks. All 3 would have to be for NHL players. Hall, Staal and Montour can go at the deadline.

And for God's sake, jettison Krueger. I cannot believe the Pegula's are going to let this ***** show continue. It's down right ***** embarrassing. 

For the right price, I would throw Dahlin's name in as well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Vegas was able to start from scratch. The Sabres are constantly trying to mix and match in perpetuity - players, GMs, coaches, stick boys, pretzel makers, the guy or girl in the Sabretooth suit....

The Pegulas have Adams.  Now to assemble a coaching staff that can get the most out of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John Tucker said:

Definitely... But in all fairness, the NHL provided them a quality roster on a silver platter right from the get go, and then they traded some of em' for high picks.  

If Punch Imlach had had that kind of talent to pick from, the Sabres would have won a Cup before the Flyers could start gooning it up.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.