GDT: 3/4/21 Sabres at NY Islanders 7pm ET

jsb

25 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

Talked to Gilles Hamel years ago.  He said if he did not have a good shot, he would shoot at the opposite side pad to get a rebound for the guy coming down the wing.  Smart hockey.

Yes, if nothing there then you can shoot at the opposite pad and low.  Make the goalie kick out a rebound. 

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Remember his rookie year, where Dahlin would attempt some silly pass nonsense that isn't going to work on smaller ice against NHL-caliber players and it'd turn into an opposition chance...

Except...

Dahlin would fly back and break it up out of desperate grit and determination?

That Dahlin is gone. He's a step slow and pinched on that goal rather than going after the true threat: Beauvillier.

Remember when the Sabres traded one of their best players for a bunch of trash because they believed that player lost his love for the game, and then that player led his new team to the Stanley Cup and won the Conn Smythe trophy?

And remember when the Sabres decided to top that move by hiring a new coach who spent the last six years in the English Premier League? I mean the English Premier League isn't even a hockey league.  It's a soccer league!

(Sorry, sometimes I just need to repeat this s### to remind myself that it actually happened.)

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Remember his rookie year, where Dahlin would attempt some silly pass nonsense that isn't going to work on smaller ice against NHL-caliber players and it'd turn into an opposition chance...

Except...

Dahlin would fly back and break it up out of desperate grit and determination?

That Dahlin is gone. He's a step slow and pinched on that goal rather than going after the true threat: Beauvillier.

I really cannot  think of much brilliant play from him.  Some flashes, he still looks like potential, still waiting for the player to show up. 

We have had quite a few players make a much greater impact in their first 3 three years.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Watching Bryson play, and Borgen prior to his injury ... if I were GM both Montour and Miller would be moved.  Come playoffs teams like to add defenseman.   Don’t make a Scandella mistake (the Blues love him BTW), trade them at the right time. 

Signed, 

son of Punch

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.