GDT Sabres at Rangers 7PM 3-2-21

spndnchz

11 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I'm at the point. Root for what? Scoring a 5-5 goal? What's the record for consecutive shutouts? Let's root for the team to at least set some sort of record. 

Of course I want them to win, I'd like to be entertained but until the team gives us a reason to pull for them I can't blindly do so anymore.

In the modern era, that includes the redlines, it is north of 255 minutes. I could not find the exact record. The all-time record is 583 minutes back in 1929 by the Blackhawks.

If standing up for yourself is just dropping the gloves and bear hugging the opponent, just do it.  If you happen to take a punch or two, it's not going to ruin you...and who knows, maybe you will take a wild swing and connect.

One thing is for sure...you will gain much respect from the fans, the coaches, and maybe even some of your wussy teammates.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Bloodsport is an objectively bad movie, just as we are a subjectively bad NHL hockey team. But Bloodsport is really fun to watch if you happen to be a fan. The Sabres are not fun to watch.

Bloodsport is, under no definition, a bad movie and if you disagree then I’ll have to see you at the next Kumite. What’s next? Roadhouse!

• Thanks (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

If standing up for yourself is just dropping the gloves and bear hugging the opponent, just do it.  If you happen to take a punch or two, it's not going to ruin you...and who knows, maybe you will take a wild swing and connect.

One thing is for sure...you will gain much respect from the fans, the coaches, and maybe even some of your wussy teammates.

Like Gil Perreault with Keith Magnuson.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Bloodsport is, under no definition, a bad movie and if you disagree then I’ll have to see you at the next Kumite. What’s next? Roadhouse!

Bloodsport ran at 12:05 AM CST on TBS along with fellow stalwarts The Beastmaster, Gymkata, and The Delta Force. These are all bad movies. They are all great fun to watch at 1205 AM and I did so frequently. I may even unashamedly have copies of said films to rewatch at later times. (But they're still bad movies.) To the Kumite!

41 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

One other thought...even if you don't drop the gloves, get in the guys face, and give him a shove, or even a short jab to the head with glove on.  Anything is better than NOTHING.

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Krueger as a soccer coach may not appreciate the need for fighting as much. 

41 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Bloodsport is an objectively bad movie, just as we are a subjectively bad NHL hockey team. But Bloodsport is really fun to watch if you happen to be a fan. The Sabres are not fun to watch.

36 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Bloodsport is JCVDs finest work.

33 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Bloodsport may or not be a bad movie, but it's irrefutably the greatest documentary ever made.*

*depending on whether you think Frank Dux is full of *****.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.